Anyone else drop their NAKED iphone 5s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DanyDanyella, Oct 18, 2013.

1. DanyDanyella macrumors member

...cause I just did. My dog distracted me.

Sigh :/

Attached Files:

2. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Hey it couldve been worse! Be glad nothing cracked on the screen :D

3. DanyDanyella thread starter macrumors member

I suppose...I just need the comfort lol <3

It's that it on the front...that's what bothers me.

That, and that I've only had it for 10 days -.-

4. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

I dropped every single iphone I had (never used a case) and you'll get used to it.

Its liberating to place your phone on any surface without having to stress about what part of the table you should set it down with the most minimal chance of scuffing the back hah.

The first scratch is always the hardest.

5. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

first cut is the deepest.. sorry OP.. but hey like someone said, at least screen didn't crack. Do u have any insurance?

6. DanyDanyella thread starter macrumors member

Sheryl crow reference? ;D

I was speaking to my friend about that, but with att insurance in case it's "lost" or "stolen" I won't necessary get the champagne iPhone. And apple care + doesn't cover stolen/lost.

I didn't opt in for the case cause it's a gold edition...was I in the wrong?

7. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

Not in my opinion, but I dislike cases and screen protectors on iPhones anyway, and have never yet found them necessary. It's done now and can't be undone, so maybe just think of it as a learning experience and try to be doubly careful in future.

8. Tom2893 macrumors 6502

Tom2893

:eek: puts me off not having a case..

ps: love the gold... cant wait for mine :D

9. blackberrycubed macrumors 6502

If it bothers you too much, take it and see if apple will replace the casing or replace the phone on goodwill. Unless you have the screen interlace or Compass problem then you can get it swapped!.

Either ways, if they do replace\swap make sure you walk out of the store with a case purchased and installed ;D

10. mirz2000 macrumors regular

Aw, it doesn't look too bad for not being in a case when dropped! I agree with the poster who said to see if Apple would fix or exchange it for you. I have heard several stories of their generosity (though never tried it out myself).

For what it's worth, I think it is a given that you will drop your phone at some point in its life. Just be glad nothing too terrible resulted. :apple:

11. s54 macrumors regular

I dropped my Silver 32 GB Verizon 5S plenty of times already.

No big deal. Before it's time to sell, I'll go to the Apple store and make up a lame excuse on how the speaker or mic are acting up. In less than 10 minutes, I'll walk out with a brand new looking 5S.

Been there, done that about 10 times. Works every time.

Hey Apple, if you're reading this, I just want you to know that I love exploiting your system. Sue me.

12. mfr1340 macrumors regular

5 iphones and never scratch on any of them

I always put a case on my gear so they stay like new, When you pay hundreds of dollars for a phone you need to take care of it. I have gone thru a number of cases untill I find the right one that feels right.

13. DanyDanyella thread starter macrumors member

Does this really work? I got paid today and was going to get a case....sigh.

14. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

Dropped my iPhone 4 yesterday and shattered my rear glass. Luckily I got my iPhone 5S this morning. I like the naked concept but I think I'll put on a clear case.

15. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Dropped my 5C last Friday and left a couple of good dings in it. Luckily I keep a case on it so you won't see them now.

16. DanyDanyella thread starter macrumors member

:O don't they test it there on the spot? I do want to sell my phone in the future , to keep upgrading. Do u have Insurance?

17. s54 macrumors regular

Test what?

You can make up a thousand different things that they cannot ever possibly test for. I'll say "my speaker makes a buzzing sound on occassions while on the phone".

How are you going to test this? - You cannot!

Key word is "occasions". Can you test for occasions right there at the genius bar with 20 other people waiting in line behind you? - Ummmm, no. You cannot.

They don't have time for that. They would lose more money testing for "occasionality" than they would by just giving you a new looking phone and getting rid of you ASAP. They'll ask you if you "restored, blah blah blah". Just say "yes, already tried it with the Apple representative on the phone". They NEVER verify if you actually have.

I'm not sure why people are so concerned with getting around these loopholes. Oh, poor Apple, eh? - Pleeeeeease!

After all, they ONLY made hundreds off your purchase! You can pull this "unethical" exchange maneuver 20 times and they STILL made money on you.

Morality? - Right. Because the crap carriers and manufacturers pull on us year after year is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo incredibly moral.

And no, I never had insurance on an iPhone. Those who buy insurance are sheep. Total waste of money.

18. OVERTASK macrumors 6502

OVERTASK

I have on my bathroom floor. Space grey, no damage at all.

19. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

I feel your pain.

Get this, I used a case for my white iPhone 5 for best part of a year and one day after admiring the naked beauty of a colleagues iPhone5 I thought to myself hey! I wanna live on the wild side and rock this bad boy naked too...huge mistake..
    Within the first week of nakedness...two drops on concrete! two chips/dings:mad: resulting from getting in and out of my car...

Its fair to say I've learned my lesson and I'm now using a case again..reluctantly:(

20. Mercenary macrumors 6502a

I misread the topic and was going to answer yes. Then I re-read it. No, I haven't dropped my naked phone.

21. DanyDanyella thread starter macrumors member

But did you go in with or without insurance?

I initially went without a case because why cover up the gold?! But after this first dent, it broke my heart. (Last iphone I had was 3GS....)

I'm laughing at ur replies, hilarious :D....I guess it's not a big deal I suppose. And id have to wait another month to get another gold 5s, or hunt for it. Another pain.

So I guess I'll follow your plan...

22. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

It's nice not having to stress when you simply have a case.

I would personally never not use a case, especially with the design of the 5/5S, it's just not tough enough to withstand usual wear and tear.

Sorry about the drop. Sh-t happens, that's why I case mine.

23. cmichaelb, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2013

cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Get a case. I've gone the seminaked/emporer's new clothes route and just carried around an iPhone with Zagg Inisibleshield on the front and back but I think a case is better.

Try a Spigen bumper case with a clear film on the back and I think you'll be happy.

----------

There's only a one year warranty, what do you do when that year is up

24. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

No one who is even the slightest bit of a klutz should go without a case on this beauty. If you do decide to go naked, luck definitely plays a role. I've dropped a naked iPhone on a hardwood floor and on carpet with no issues. But I dropped my 5 on concrete last year and chipped off a little bit of the chamfered edge. I cried for about 2 seconds. :)

25. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Hells no! It went straight from the plastic covers into a, well, plastic cover. I played with fire with my iPhone 4S for a couple of days. This cover isn't bad at all for $4. Thank you, Monoprice. (The $10 Lightning cables are also great.)