iPad Anyone else feel that iOS7 is where Apple jumped the shark tank???

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Mystro, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Mystro macrumors 6502

Mystro

Anyone else get the feeling that iOS7 is the tipping point where Apple jumped the shark tank????? I am not one to fear change providing its a change for the better. If I wanted the look of android, I would have bought a android product. We went from sharp classy graphics to cheap cartoonish in one night..... Yuck. I can't believe it came to this so soon since the great pioneer has left us for a better place. Saying "you'll get use to it" is like saying you will also get use to walking around with turd in your pants.. Pretty disgusted and embarrassed that this is what Apple developed.

iOS7 looks pathetic...
    [​IMG]

2. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

Some people love it, some people hate it. End of story. There's no point debating personal subjective opinion.

3. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

Did not like it yesterday, but feel much better today. I was very cozy with iOS 6, and felt like my best friend died. Today I feel like he just changed his wardrobe. :D

4. dan1eln1el5en macrumors 6502

dan1eln1el5en

been on the beta for a while, at first it was a bit WTF ?! but now I really love it.
    I don't like using my gfs iOS 6, it's too old-fashioned...

5. Bear macrumors G3

The animation when you go from the lock screen to the home screen is stupid and a waste of time.

Also, the new folders layout is actually hurting the ergonomics of the phone. On the iPod touch/iPhone where you had 10-16 apps in a folder under iOS 6 now requires 2 pages in the folder instead of one on iOS 7. For the iPad, it's even worse, a full folder on iOS 6 (20 apps) now take 3 pages withing a folder on iOS 7.

6. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

I think it will mature. Let's not forget OS X started out pretty gaudy as well:
    [​IMG]

7. Szarky macrumors 6502a

I actually think it's really slick. It's takes the same amount of time to unlock compared to iOS6. I tried last night an iPhone 4S with iOS6 vs. a iPhone 5 with iOS7. Didn't notice any delay in either one, seemed to match.

8. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

We need more of these threads. I don't think I can go a day without all this awesomeness.

/sarcasm

9. Szarky macrumors 6502a

Looking at that reminds me of iOS6 after playing around with iOS7 last night. You just wouldn't go back. I think it will grow on people. I'm actually surprised by the resistance of so many especially the forward-thinking tech crowd here.

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I really like it. Feels lighter and easier to read. Runs great on my iPad 3 and iPhone 4S, too.

11. Mystro thread starter macrumors 6502

Mystro

It shouldn't have to mature at this point. This isnt like any OS upgrades in the past. We are way beyond a simple tweaking to make the devise faster. By Apple's own admission this is the most significant release since the iPhone... By that admission, Apple is going with a "follow the Android" crowd decision rather than being its own platform and innovator. If its gonna look like a android but not have any SD slots and be controlled by a propitiatory program like iTunes, then why even buy a Apple product. I suspect this will be the reasoning of alot of current die hard Apple owners that will jump ship. New is not always better. The ios7 reminds me of New Coke. Coke wanted to taste like Pepsi and now Apple wants to look like a Android. Sure some people liked it but in general it was a colossal and epic mistake.

12. tiguanito macrumors member

Looks like they have optimized and well tested iOS7 on the iPhone 5, but haven't finished the development on the iPad. I really wanted to like it, but after 1h on my iPad 4, I went back to iOS6 (before they would stop signing it) . Too many lags, 3x3 icons when we open a folder is a joke, and not a big fan of the new design and colors.

13. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

I have a positive first impression, 7 feels natural. But yeah, this bit is worse. The point of using folders is to not have to flip.

14. pikachu2k7 macrumors regular

People have their own opinions

I think that Apple should have an option to play with ANY ios system. That allows people to switch between their preference.

15. cgk.emu macrumors 6502

....so, you don't have many friends I take it?

----------

Yeah, it's a bit laggy on my iPhone 4, but I expected that. It is an older device at this point.

16. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Every time I read another thread about how iOS 7 is similar to android I get confused: never had such a similar good experience on any android device so far .....

17. cgk.emu macrumors 6502

Okay, I like iOS 7, but I don't think your comparison is accurate. OS X was a huge step in the evolution of the Mac OS. 9 was totally different than 10. iOS 7 is just a point update, like 10.5 to 10.6 for example....

18. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Err... iOS 7 is not an huge step, but surely isn't just a point update ....

19. cgk.emu macrumors 6502

Then what is it? The UI is a bit different, but the CORE SYSTEM is not a huge step forward. OS 9 to OS 10 was a massive step forward, thus the comparison remains inaccurate.

20. MauerFan macrumors regular

I prefer it a lot more to iOS 6. Everyone has their own opinions though man. Give it a few more days, and see what you think :D

21. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

I loaded it onto my iPhone 5 but will NOT be loading it for the time being onto my iPad 3!

22. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Steve is rolling in his grave. He never would have allowed such a colorful OS.

[​IMG]

23. bandrews macrumors 6502a

I think they're sharper and classier now. But that's just me.

24. Macalway macrumors 68020

The features are really good. It's just the colors. I would think that would be very easy to fix......for me now....thanks :)

I mean, the green I'm seeing has no place in nature, and should be outlawed.

25. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

I've noticed that all the threads that describe iOS 7 as:

• Horrendous
    • Makes me puke
    • Atrocious
    • Disgusting
    • Gross

Are mostly started by "Newbie" members. I recall similar threads when iOS 6 first came out, as well as the iPhone 4s, and the 5.

Much like a storm; take shelter for a bit, it'll pass...