Anyone else find it odd that the aluminum Apple remote does not have an Apple logo?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by 3N16MA, Jan 8, 2010.

1. 3N16MA macrumors 65816

3N16MA

I know this is kind of off topic and the logo does not make the product any different but I found it a little odd that Apple decided to not to put their logo on the remote. It's made out of aluminum and has enough space on the back for a logo to be present. Apple put's their logo on everything that has enough space for one. The old remote had it, mouse, keyboard, MacBook/MacBook Pro, iMac, Mac mini, Mac Pro, iPod's, iPhone, docks, and gift cards all have it. Their earphones don't have it because they are to small to put a logo without making them look stupid. I wonder what Jonathan Ive and Jobs were thinking when they decided to not put the logo. The back of the remote almost seems bare without it.

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I thought the same about the 3G shuffle, it's the first iPod that doesn't say "iPod" on the back. Just a tiny Apple logo and that's it.

3. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Eh, if you're using the remote it's probably with a Mac. Adding in the logo that no one but you is going to see simply adds in another process (etching, I'm assuming). From an advertising view it does not make sense to add the logo.