Anyone else get smart and order new cables before the preorder?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TSX, Sep 14, 2012.

1. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

I order some extra lightning cables about 6 pm yesterday before the preorders when there was a 1-3 day shipping period. Now it looks like the are shipping in October.

2. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

Lightning cables

Anyone else stock up on Lightning Cables earlier this week? I grabbed 2 on Wednesday night, which are quoted for delivery between the 19th and 21st. I see now they are 2-3 weeks, so glad I didn't wait. I want more, but will wait until a decent generic hits the market (Loved the RND brand from Amazon.) The wife and I each have one on our night stands, in our cars, and usually keep one in the home office and one in the kitchen, one at my office and her office. So I'll grab more after the generics hit, but 4 (2 with the phones and the 2 extras) should get us by for now.

3. iBLAKEE macrumors 6502

I ordered two of the regular USB cables a couple days ago. I'm supposed to receive them between Monday and Wednesday next week.

4. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

With 4 iPhones and 4 iPads (certain that they'll be changing also) in the house we keep cables all over, cars, kids bedrooms, den, etc. I ordered 3 the other day as that was the number needed to get free shipping. I think it also said 19th-21st for delivery for my order. That should hold me until decent aftermarket cables start popping up.

5. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

I ordered two new cables yesterday! Tried to order the adapter but it was out of stock and now glad it was as I would MUCH rather have the new cables!

6. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

Crap. I didn't see anything about an opportunity to get free shipping! Oh well. Instead of $19 mine were $21 ($4 for shipping 2 cables). lol

I have probably 8 dock cables. Like you said with the iPad and 2 iPhones, cars, offices, etc they end up everywhere. And you want spares because no matter how many you own, you can never find one when you need it.

7. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I ordered one yesterday and it says delivery between 09/20-24. I wanted to order an adapter (before knowing that the phone came with one), but delivery on those was already pushed out to Oct.

8. randy98mtu, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

Sure glad I did! I was thinking Wednesday morning that I would order them with the phones. Then Wednesday evening something told me to see if they were in the Apple store already. Grabbed up 2 of them.