Anyone else get that garbled electronic hiss when on a call?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMistress166, Apr 26, 2012.

1. iMistress166 macrumors newbie

I'm not quite sure how to explain it, but sometimes while on a call I get a few seconds into the conversation, or even a few mins in and all of a sudden it sounds like Darth Vader on acid... The sounds coming out of the phone are garbled electronic and hissing... It's so very weird... It happened so much this morning I had to go to my VoIP line just to talk to my friend for 3 mins... I know I'm not the only person to have this issue, but for the life of me I can't find anything online... Can someone point me to the answer? Thanks!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No, sorry I've not had that problem. Could it be a carrier problem or a defective phone?

3. iMistress166 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have no idea, it's happened on more than one iPhone I've had... I've never had another service other than AT&T with the iPhone so it could be carrier problem... I just have no idea...

4. Lunchbox700 macrumors regular

Are you on Verizon because everyone once in awhile I get that on Verizon and have to hang up and try again. Not limited to iPhone though.

5. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

I experienced this on my iPhone 4S in the UK, along with a static sound coming from the back of the phone. Got it exchanged at the Genius Bar.

6. iMistress166 thread starter macrumors newbie

Not on Verizon, been on AT&T for quite a number of years now... But didn't experienced this problem until, I wanna say until the 3GS...

7. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Did you recently get the Terminator ear implants that they are giving everyone now? It gives you super-human hearing. That could be the cause of your issue.

8. citivolus macrumors 6502a

Yes, I've had that happen to me on my old 3GS.