Anyone else going to "wait" a few weeks before plunging for new mb/mbp after tuesday?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jjahshik32, Oct 13, 2008.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I'm excited about the event as anyone else in here but I think I'll wait it out 2-3 more weeks at least to see if anyone is facing any problems with the new macbook/macbook pros.

Also anyone fearful of the nvidia 9600m gt cards that might have issues just like the 8600m gt?

2. nickcliborne macrumors regular

I don't have any doubt if the 9600 cards tank then Apple will take care of everyone.

I don't know if I will purchase right away. It kind of depends on what they are releasing.

3. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I thought you would NOT be purchasing a Macbook Pro if it had a nvidia chip it it.
    In fact you stated that over, and over and over.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=574217

4. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Yes to waiting. I've been burned too many times on 1st gen purchases. They'll have an upgrade just after MWSF in February.

5. m1stake macrumors 68000

Any issues like the 8600's won't be apparent in the first few weeks. I'd wait 3 weeks or so just to see what kind of issues people report on the forums. If there's nothing serious, jump in.

6. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

I will wait, hopefully. On my 1.83 CD macbook and going to go up to a new MB or MB Pro. Can't wait for 64 bit goodness and wireless N!

Just may wait so I can get it tax free and as a reward as soon as I hear back from a PA school, positively of course.

Kellen

7. MatLane macrumors 6502a

MatLane

I'll be waiting a few weeks

See what the reviews are like

8. 2Sticky macrumors regular

I'll be waiting 2 weeks, but only for pay day, but will be on the look out for any problems or glitches etc which may make me hold off a bit longer.

9. cosmokanga2 macrumors 6502a

cosmokanga2

I'll be jumping in head first. Been waiting too long for my first mac. I'm going to hope that Apple's QC is good, but if not I have an authorized repair centre 5 min from here. I just have had enough of this pc and can't wait.

10. sal macrumors 6502

of course there will be problems. Some will be over-exaggerated or made up and others will be legitimate complaints.

Believe me, we will ALL hear about them. The complaints always come in at a much higher frequency than the "praises"

That's just the way it works around here :)

11. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

I'm probably NOT going to buy the macbook pro with the 9600m gt card in it, I am actually waiting for a nehalem mac pro in jan 09. ;)

But if by ANY chance the new mbp has an ati card, I'll be first in line.

12. MacUser1 macrumors 6502

MacUser1

I'd like to wait, but I probably won't. I had some problems with the wireless on my MacBook Air (ordered it the first day). After a few weeks I had it replaced by Apple without any problems with a model that was manufactured later. I suppose I could have avoided that initial problem by waiting a couple of days to place the order, but who knows.

My 1.25 GHz PowerBook G4 is on its last legs and the MacBook Air is just underpowered for what I need, so I'll probably be placing my order for a new MacBook Pro on Tuesday.

13. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

I'll buy it directly. I've been waiting for 6 months to switch from PC to Mac ;)

14. steamed.hams macrumors 6502

steamed.hams

I'm going to wait a couple weeks so I can pay for it without dipping into my savings acct.

15. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

I will wait a while (just to make sure there are no big gripes) then I may dive in and get one :)

16. orpheus1120 macrumors 65816

orpheus1120

Well, "probably NOT" conversely implies that there's a chance you WILL buy it then? :rolleyes:

Looking through your mac buying habits (buying and selling over 20+ mac due to various reasons), it's safe to say you always end up with VERY valid reasons to either buy or ditch you mac. So I'm not surprised by your contradiction this time.

I'm pretty sure even though there's a very slight chance (0.00001%) of you buying the mb/mbp this time round, the probability of this chance happening is 99.99999% to me.:rolleyes:

17. Delta608 macrumors regular

Delta608

Probably cant get until December anyways...:D:D Just being announced tomorrow...

18. philamac macrumors regular

No, I'm pretty sure it'll be available soon if not immediately after the announcement. Announcing a product and then not releasing it for 2 months is not Apple's style, and definitely not good business. (unless you're not in the USA, then maybe you do need to wait that long)

With that said, the plan is to buy a MBP the 2nd weekend after its release, barring any major negative first impressions.

19. azharc macrumors member

Apple's Quality Control.... lol, after the iTunes-crashing-every-Vista-on-the-planet.... yeah, quality control.

20. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I would like to wAit but I will need a laptop very soon. If there's is any delay in shipping time I will most likely order tomorrow

21. Logos327 macrumors 6502

Buying tomorrow as soon as the Apple Store is back up.

With it I will be buying Apple Care so I am not worried at all.

22. marvel2 macrumors 6502

It would be wise to wait a revision to buy an apple notebook as I have learned in the past.

23. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

I dont know myself until I actually have a look at the new macbook/macbook pro. I think there is a higher chance of selling my current 2.4ghz macbook and opting for the new macbook which might even equal out if the new macbooks are a bit cheaper than the current ones.

Anyway my current plan is to keep this setup until January when the Nehalem hits for the mac pro and just buy the Nehalem Mac pro and keep my current white macbook as my notebook. I'm kind of tired of the switching notebooks and this macbook setup is working out just fine. I'm just curious as to what the new mbp has turned out to be (maybe a bigger mba!?).

What I really wish is for apple to update the apple tv though... I really want an apple tv with 1080P capability for my 52" Sony Bravia XBR4.. the current apple tv wont do.

24. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

well, it seems like the MB won't be fully featured (no FW800) and the MBP seems to be a bit large. so i will have to go to an apple retail store and check them out anyway (well, I'm 10 min away from an apple store). Then i wait for at least a week to see what the general feedback is. if that is good then i buy. if it looks like there are rev A problems i'll wait a few weeks.

i'm sure if there are hidden long term problems with the logic board, GPU or battery we will have an Apple exchange program anyway.

25. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

The current macbooks doesnt have a fw800 anyway just the fw400 will do.