Anyone else have a Hypermac not living up to claims?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by takeandbake, Feb 27, 2011.

1. takeandbake macrumors newbie

I have a Macbook 4,1 (2008ish) and a MBP100 Hypermac (the original that came with the Magsafe cord). Hypermac was purchased in November of 2009.
    Last September/October, I experienced significant decrease in performance and sent it back for warranty repair and received the product back in a timely manner.

However, I have always suspected that the product wasn't truly fixed and have been running multiple performance tests to confirm this.
    Example: I start with fully charged Macbook plugged into Hypermac (charged for over 10 hrs), which is what Hypermac recommends for optimum performance. 50% brightness, web browsing. Hypermac lasts for 26:32 before it dies, so I will have approximately 4 hours total of browsing time with hypermac +fully charged macbook. The Hypermac website says that I should get 12.7 hrs battery life. Am I crazy? is it my laptop battery?

2. thinh3d macrumors member

I suggest you check the health of your mac internal battery first. See how many percentage it has.

3. takeandbake thread starter macrumors newbie

Coconut battery indicates that my internal battery is at 88% of the design capacity. To me, this doesn't seem significant enough to cause the poor performance I've experienced.
    When I plug in the external battery when the Macbook's battery is close to being drained (not ideal) I get less than 10 mins out of it...