Resolved Anyone else have blemishes in the glass? (iPad Air)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BC-2, Nov 2, 2013.

1. BC-2 macrumors member

BC-2

I picked up an Air yesterday but ended up exchanging it when I noticed the glass had ripples in it. I couldn't see them when viewing straight at the screen but at an angle, I noticed. Once I noticed, I couldn't not notice. Best Buy swapped it with another and the new one is almost blemish free but still has subtle ripples on the bottom. I'm willing to live with it because I can only see them if I'm really looking for them and they can't be seen at all during normal use.

It does make me wonder if this is common? Anyone else have subtle ripples in the glass on their iPad Air?

2. xendula macrumors newbie

No ripples on mine, but I picked mine up at my local Apple store yesterday and luckily thought of opening it up while there. I did not even need to turn it on to see that there were two white dots (larger than pixels) in or beneath the glass, so the sales person gave me a replacement.

This is the first time I have had any QC issue with an Apple product, and the first time I picked it up in store versus perordering it and getting it mailed, so I was kind of glad I could not preorder the Air this time. I will say that she returned it for a giftcard, then used that giftcard for the new iPad Air. I hope I won't have any issues that would require a refund.

3. arksun macrumors newbie

I have no ripples, but the screen was not assembled evenly. There is a subtle "gap" in one part of the screen (easily seen by reflecting light). Definitely going to be bringing it back.

4. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

Don't see ripples but I had a dead pixel on mine. I always like to try out my stuff before leaving the store and got a flawless replacement. The sales guy looked annoyed though, since it was just 1 dead pixel but I know it would have driven me crazy if I kept it (it was a black pixel on the middle to left side of the screen).