iPhone 11 Pro Anyone else have the same problem every year where you get the new phone, restore from iCloud backup...and almost no notifications work?

alldat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
Same issue every year - hardly any notifications work and of course because on the old iPhone, I already clicked the prompt to allow notifications so it won't prompt me after I restore the backup. Anyone know a quick fix to this besides resetting all settings and/or deleting the app and re-installing it.

Thanks

Reactions: smf72

archer75

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2005
Oregon
The only thing I can think of is maybe you aren't getting notifications because you have to re login to all the apps again?
I've never had this issue.

alldat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
The only thing I can think of is maybe you aren't getting notifications because you have to re login to all the apps again?
I've never had this issue.
That is the issue with a couple of them but the majority just plain don't work. News apps, etc very basic apps and they just don't work. I will most likely have to reset everything as usual / delete and re install some stuff

smf72

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2010
Same issue every year - hardly any notifications work and of course because on the old iPhone, I already clicked the prompt to allow notifications so it won't prompt me after I restore the backup. Anyone know a quick fix to this besides resetting all settings and/or deleting the app and re-installing it.

Thanks
I am having the exact same issue. Did reset setting fix the issue? If not what did you do to fix it? Any help would be much appreciated.