Anyone else have to restore from backup more than once to get app data on your 3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Scott-n-Houston, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

I was particular about backing up my 3G and I even copied the backup data to another location just in case.

I put my new 3GS on the cradle and began the process. During the activation it asked if I would like to restore from a backup? I chose one. It did the restore, but only native apps were on the phone.
    So I right-clicked (on a pc) and "restore from backup". It restored, then did a sync and loaded all my apps during the sync. It hadn't restored the Apps during the backup restore because there was no data in the apps? (No previous searches in Shazam, no poker data in my poker trak ... that one is huge to me... and so on).

I did yet ANOTHER restore from backup, and it took that time.

It had loaded all the music and video from the 2nd try when it did a sync.
    Do you think that played a role in having the restore finally work?

I was panicking for a bit.

The point of this post is to let others know they're not alone and keep restoring from backup until it takes! Don't just re-sync your apps. The data will not be there for the apps... only the apps themselves.

2. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I just figured out how to restore from backup. Woot. I really wish the apps could have some sort of save file that you could access if you just want to update one file and not F up the hour's worth of video syncing you just did.