Anyone else having iPhone withdrawals?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by egeek84, Sep 15, 2012.

1. egeek84 macrumors 6502

egeek84

I am using a dumb phone right now cuz I sold my 4S last week. Everywhere I go, I have the urge to check Facebook/Twitter and check in on Foursquare but I can't do jack **** with my old ass 1999 flip phone :(

The iPhone 5 cannot be delivered to my house soon enough. WHOSE WITH ME LOL!

2. Dennis187 macrumors regular

Dennis187

I sold my 4, and using a 3GS, hate it, hate it, and hate it some more! Can't wait to get the 5 this Friday so I can return this used junk to the store I bought it from, lol.

3. GeeSixx, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012

GeeSixx macrumors regular

GeeSixx

I'm with you, brother! Sold my iPhone 4 this past Tuesday and I'm already feeling the heartache. I don't even like to text on this phone. Looking forward to my iP5 :D

By the way, I'm using a Samsung Intensity....in blue -___-

4. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Yes and No - when im thinking right i can wait and use my 4S - when I start reading all the articles about the 5 i get a little anxious.

5. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

YES! I'm using a Motorola Backflip at the moment. :( Each night is long and cold. :p

6. AFDoc macrumors 68030

No, I keep a few of my old iPhones as iPod touches or as a back up if needed. Will be selling off a 3gs and 2 i4's soon but will still have 2 4s's just in case.

Instead of selling off your i5 when that time comes put $20 a month into an account, shoe, sock drawer, what ever so when the next phone you want to buy comes around you will have the extra money so you can keep your old one. Nice to have a back up or an iPod touch hanging around. THEN if you need the money for something you have a few hundred saved right there for you to sell if needed. Just a thought.

7. ViperDesign macrumors 6502a

ViperDesign

Sold my iPhone 4s and my wifes iPhone last week. We are both using old phones. I am using a Blackberry 9930 and she is using a galaxy s.

9930 is a solid phone, I miss a few of my apps but overall it does a fantastic job.

the samsung is okay as well. One thing she missed that she has now till she gets the 5 is swype.

8. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Nope! Im keeping my 4S till my contract is up just in time for the 5S ;) no iPhone withdrawal for me. But look at the bright side, soon enough youll have a shiny 5 in your hands, it's worth the wait.

9. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

I'll share this issue with you too..

I switched from Sprint to Verizon a few weeks ago in plan before the iPhone was going to be "officially" announced.. so I was able to get out of my Sprint contract etf free. I purchased a Samsung Charge on eBay so I can go month to month on Verizon to save my contract for the iPhone. The charge is a piece of battery eating junk! I returned it to the lady and purchase a Galaxy Nexus.. great phone but my 4G keeps dying on here (known issue with ICS).. so here I type this on 3G using a enemy phone, Samsung...

I feel like dirt. Why would anyone like or want android? It hogs battery, it relies to much on processor speeds just to use the flipping thing, I hate it.

I haven't had my iPhone in several weeks. The 21st couldn't come any quicker too in my opinion...

10. aquadisiac macrumors 6502

im guessing your contract had ended? if not, please tell me how...

Also, i was told Apple is buying back the 4S. Is it better to sell to them or sell on CL?

11. KimMelton661 macrumors 6502

I'm having MAJOR withdrawals. I am using an old, crappy razr.

12. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

No sir. I had $90 left. It was due to ongoing slow data speeds.. and a email to Dan@sprint.com regarding how bad it is.. and having someone in his office call me to work with me. Try it :)

13. LetMeBlastU macrumors regular

LetMeBlastU

I feel ya. Don't have any phone at the moment. ::mad::eek:

14. iDabble macrumors regular

went through that with the 4 and 4S. decided to use gazelle to sell my 4S so i can keep it until i have the 5

15. jester0723 macrumors regular

I've been using a blackberry for more than a year. It'll be weird to be able to use my phone for more than texting and emailing and calling.

16. dialed1 macrumors 6502

dialed1

I'm with ya as well, but it's not to bad this time around I'm using a galaxy nexus I can tell you this is definitely better than all the other droid phones I have used.

17. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

i was using a nexus S before the 4S and it was torture..4S waiting for the 5...only slight angst.

18. christyn macrumors 6502a

I'm missing my 4S. Using a 3GS that started acting up RIGHT after I sold my 4S about 2.5 weeks ago. Friday can't get here fast enough.

19. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Sold my 4s a month ago, have been using my wifes iphone 4, and it feels so sluggish, cant wait till the 5.

As for my wife, she's not quite as happy, while I was using her iphone 4 she was using my old pre plus, hated it, and now she's using my older nokia e71x. She's even more impatient about the new iPhone's launch than me. It's ok though, I'm surprising her with an iPhone 5, I haven't told her I preordered her one too.

20. MacJones macrumors 6502

I sold my iPhone 4 last week and I'm stuck on my old piece of crap Thunderbolt until Friday. I can't wait to use an iPhone again!

21. jgiovino macrumors newbie

HELL YES. I was used an iPhone from '07 to June '11 when my iPhone 4 got stolen. Since then I've been using Androids, most recently an HTC One X. Sold it a couple of days ago and I have a couple 3G's and 3GS' lying around so I started using one today and gotta say, I've missed it A LOT. Such a refined experience. So user friendly. Androids can honestly be very daunting with all of the potential, but it gets lost in the hiccups all Android handsets have. None operate so perfectly as I feel the iPhone does. Extremely excited for iPhone 5 and iOS 6.

22. aquadisiac macrumors 6502

thanks! did you tell them you wanted to break your contract? i have about a year left on mine.

23. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

Off the bat, no. But when they tried to fix my issue several times and failed to do so.. that's when I broke the news to then. Mind you, I've been planning this and working this for 2 months.. so I had time to take it slow. They might still with with you for a quicker experience.

24. cotak macrumors regular

For me the experience is the other way around. I started with iPhones and you know at first I though it's nice and everything because back then android really was horrible. But I wanted to try new things so I went for a Galaxy Nexus a few months ago.

I have to say where as some people certainly would like the easy to understand 1 way to do a task philosophy in iOS, I found out that I was not one of those people. I work on chips and it's always been my nature to tinker and the Android way is just more suitable to how I like to do things. Having control, being able to dive in and change things to the way I like it.

To say simply i feel iOS is about making simply things simply, but at the same time it limits you when you try to do more than what they envisioned. Where as Android might make certain simple things a bit more complex but where you want to do more complexed things it lets you do them easier. Sort of like how a GUI is easy to use for some tasks but the command line sometimes is the best way for other tasks.