Anyone else hear a weird noise when making a call on iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by paulie6978, Sep 22, 2012.

1. paulie6978 macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

I have verizon in the USA and I noticed last night when I made a voice call a strange "blowi g" sound like the wind which came and went. It sounded very weird but was going in and out.

Anyone else have this happen yet?

2. theotherphil macrumors member

Had the same tonight...thought I was hearing things!

3. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Possibly related?

http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/

4. bmms8 macrumors 68020

there is another thread that had similar claims. one poster said iPhone 5 owners will get used to the noise or effect.

5. Tommyd91 macrumors newbie

Iv got the same thing. Its really uncomfortable for me. Its horid. Doesnt seem like something id get used to. And it doesnt even work. Cause i still hear cars drive past on other persons end.

6. donrsd macrumors 6502

donrsd

Its almost like a hallow sound in your ear.
    I dont know if the person on the other end hears a difference, but the person talking into your ear sounds muddled/hallow.

7. J4B3 macrumors regular

J4B3

I've been wondering about this. For me, it sounds like a metallic vibration sound, like when you voice matches the resonance frequency of the aluminum creating a echoing type of vibration sound.

8. krmarti1 macrumors newbie

I took mine in to best buy mobile and they found a post that attributes it to the noise cancelling feature. If you turn off the noise cancelling function it will go away. I made them send me a new phone though. I shouldn't have to go without an intended function. I didn't break it...

9. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I traded in three phones and they all had a subtle rattle in the earpiece, all from different time frames and manufacturing lots, obviously, so it was weird. It was a nuisance but not that big of a deal. I'm positive this isn't what you're talking about but I just wanted to throw that out there.

10. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I've experienced that before. I hang up and call again and usually works.