Anyone else impatiently waiting for some sort of update to 2.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Keysersozeh, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Keysersozeh macrumors newbie

I was hoping we'd see some sort of update yesterday for 2.1. :mad:

Tired of having to check my emails throughout the day. Plus, it would be nice to see some sort of fix to Safari.

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Keep in mind, Apple has more products they would like to sell other than the iPhone. As great as the phone is, their Macs and the like got them to where they are today, and they needed some attention as well. Not everything has to revolve around the iPhone.

BTW.. if you keep waiting for updates to make your phone absolutely perfect, you won't have the time to enjoy it. By then a newer one will be available, and you'll be complaining about that one.. Endless cycle. So why not just enjoy what you have? Be patient and let the coders do their job.

For the record, my iPhone hasn't had a problem since 2.1 came out.

BL.

3. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Good advice.

I've pretty much given up on the "be all and end all" update. I like my phone the way I've set it up now. Still far and away better than anything else on the market currently.

4. sibruk macrumors 6502a

No, it's just you. :rolleyes:

5. Keysersozeh thread starter macrumors newbie

I will never expect a phone to be perfect. I came from Verizon and used their Razors.. so I know my share of less than perfect phones. ;)

I'm just disappointed that they broke something that was working so well. (Email) As much as I would like to see PUSH out by now.. I can handle it being delayed kinda like GPS (if that ever happens).

I'm just frustrated that we went from working good to problematic on some of the key features of the phone. Email and Web.

Don't get me wrong. I truly enjoy my phone. I don't regret leaving Verizon or purchasing this phone.

Just wish to see a fix sooner versus later.

Maybe we'll have a treat in our bucket before Halloween. :eek:

6. bigmouth macrumors 6502

Is the fetch failure supposed to apply to exchange fetching too? Mine seems to be fetching every 30 minutes just fine. And I seem to be getting better life with push off, though it's hard to tell after only a day.

7. ZDDP1273 macrumors 6502

I'm definitely waiting. I'm satisfied for the most part but updates make it more fun. Apple! Come out with an update, even if it doesn't fix much. We're waiting.

8. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68030

Not at all.

9. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

There are some things I'd still like to see (copy & paste, for example), but overall, I'm happy.

10. LinMac macrumors 65816

I would love to see it as I hate having to check for new push emails on occasion just to make sure they haven't failed to push. I absolutely hate that.

11. born4sky macrumors 6502a

born4sky

Good enough for me, but there is always place to become perfect

12. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

Absolutely! It's about time that they release another update. There needs to be a quick and easy way to turn the brightness up and down without having to go through several menus. In the same way that the ring/vibrate has a switch on the side of the phone, there should be a switch to go to "minimum brightness."

13. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

...and I've had more problems with Safari exiting back to homescreen. ... Update please! :)

14. Pared macrumors 65816

I'm enjoying the phone for what it is right now.

Having to fetch email is a pain and those who have no idea why you would need at least a 2.11 update with that much needed bug fix are most likely clueless about the whole issue anyway.

Ignorance is bliss and they're extremely happy.

15. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0

Why not just set it to update every 15 minutes or whatever you like? /cry

16. elbirth macrumors 65816

I'm not impatiently waiting for another update, but I would like to see one come along sooner rather than later.
    I'm generally happy with the overall feature set/performance of my iPhone right now (though some things like copy&paste would be nice of course), but my main update request is for push notifications. I want to finally have that up and running for apps that could use it, such as an instant messenger. I don't IM much on my iPhone anyway, so it's not a huge loss, but Steve had said it'd be out in September, and that's now long gone with no word at all about it.

17. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I'm kind of waiting. If the wait wasn't so long, I would not have gotten so bored with my iPhone that I went out and bought a Blackberry for some excitement. The app store wore out it's excitement after a few weeks and I am enjoying all the things that the Blackberry can do that the iPhone can't.

I'll be selling one of my white 3G phones on eBay and keeping the other just for fun. The iPhone could be the best phone ever if .....

:(

18. Pared macrumors 65816

You just proved my point.

It is broken, that's why. When the phone goes into a full sleep it does not fetch email, no matter the setting.

Apparently this goes above your head so make sure you know what's being discussed before making a comment and adding some stupid little quip like "/cry" in an attempt to be cute.

19. elbirth macrumors 65816

wow, you bought a Blackberry for excitement? that's incredibly sad.... I suspect you've just been downloading crappy applications- either only getting free apps, or buying ones that weren't worth the money. I'm still 100% loving my iPhone 3G even after having it for over 3 months. If a long wait for a firmware update is what made you bored with the iPhone, good luck with your new phone...

20. davidwarren macrumors 6502a

I am hoping 2.2 brings a lot more stability. I constantly am having crashes and overall slowness--even if I do a reset.

21. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

Safari didnt crash for me after the 2.1 update for a good 2 weeks, but lately it crashes if there's a tiny java ad on a page now.

Hope 2.2 is out soon!

22. markgamber macrumors 6502

The app store had some excitement? Where? I'm waiting for something to do with this brick more than I'm waiting for yet another update to the OS. It should be able to run Orb and Slingplayer right now, where the hell are they? Maybe Apple should either pick up the pace or hand it over to someone competent.

23. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I'm definitely waiting for an update. I've had way too many dropped calls, calls I can't answer for some reason, and calls where the other party all of a sudden can't hear me. I don't even care if they don't add one new feature - just make the phone work.

24. segalas macrumors member

segalas

Bide your time, an update will probably surface within the next month, preferably leaning towards a "bug fix" and lag update.

25. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

You honestly expected Apple to announce a new iPhone update at a, "The Spotlight Goes To Notebooks" press conference?