Anyone else kinda disapointed the gold iPhone has a white display-side?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Uguubot, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Uguubot macrumors member

Uguubot

Really feeling the gold, but, the white front is putting me on the fence of buying a space gray. Anyone else dislike the white border around the phone? Especially considering that iOS 7 appears to look better with a darker wallpaper..

2. blerns3 macrumors 6502

Yup, if it was black and gold it would be a no brainer. But because of that I'm leaning towards space grey.

3. ethanlee macrumors regular

Since I'm planning on putting Apple's case on a gold iPhone anyway, I think what I really like most about the gold model is the matching steel ring around the home button (which I think looks better in gold).

I don't mind a white front (besides, it matches all the whitespace in iOS 7) because it makes the whole experience sort of "brighter," IMHO.

4. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

No, since I like the white face better. But I understand the feeling if people feel the same way about the black face. I'm just glad the white models now have the white face instead of the hideous 3G/3GS white model. I forget which one, but I saw it in the store and it looked horrible that way.

5. CarolG macrumors member

CarolG

I love the white and gold. It looks very classy. Since iOS7 is pastel and uses a lot of white, I think it blends well with a white face.

I have every white model iPhone and I own a white 128GB iPad 4. I am happy to get rid of my 4S, so our whole household will be using only lighning connector cords.

6. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

Wait and see them in person then you will able to tell, now you are only seeing pictures of the iphone 5S colors :)

7. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

Wouldn't it be better to remove all the white parts and just make the whole phone gold color?

:rolleyes:

8. jigzaw macrumors 6502

I'm more of a white iphone/black ipad type. I love the look of apps and the OS with a white bezel on the phone, but since i frequently watch movies and shows on the ipad i felt the white border would look odd for that kind of content.