Anyone else NOT upgraded to 2.1 just yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bluelondon, Sep 13, 2008.

1. bluelondon macrumors regular

with all the people complaining of worse reception/signal strength, and other problems, is anyone else just waiting a little longer to see how the 2.1 update pans out?

the one reason i so want to upgrade is hearing people saying the backup now only takes minutes/seconds!!

2. trunksu macrumors 6502

i've seen WAY more positives than negatives. not sure what compliants you're seeing but the majority of the negatives i see are "OMG WHERE IZ COPY AND PASTE".

i was happy with 2.0 but had a few hiccups here and there (ie. possible app crashing, installations of apps VERY slow, and backups not fast nor super slow)

2.1 has been nothing but positives for me. wordpress works for the first time for me now. installation of apps are literally under 15sec (i have 80 apps installed). backup took less than a minute for me too!

if you're having crappy backup times. trust me, the 2.1 fix to shorten backup times, that alone is worth it. worst case scenario you can always downgrade back to 2.0.2 if you really want, but you're more than likely going to stick with 2.1 :) i did read that some people did still have long backups, in that case i may recommend you just start fresh with 2.1 if that happens.

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I think you misread the OP I believe they were referring to the fact that it only takes minutes/seconds rather than hours as it has done previously. So they are saying it is a good thing, which it is. :)

I personally am waiting, but not out of choice, because I need an update from these kind people.

4. trunksu macrumors 6502

oops i typed it wrong :p i meant if you're having long backup times, 2.1 will fix it (hopefully) and you'll have short backup times which is a good thing :D sorry for that confusion. it's wayyyyy too late for me. if i still misread it i apologize but i had a long day at work :eek:

5. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

The large majorityof people on here are reporting excellent experiences. It's only a very small number of people that have reported problems. I think this update is great. No more keyboard lag, no more contacts lag, much better battery life. I have more bars, but my own perception is that the connection is the same as before. I would DEFINITELY update if I was you.

6. bluelondon thread starter macrumors regular

you know, you guys are right, the complaints are the minority.

i'm gonna update, fingers crossed i'll be back in a little while with a big smile.

thanks

7. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

It's great for me. I may not be your best reference because I wasn't having big problems with earlier FW, but I do notice the lack of screen jump when typing in Safari, the lack of contact lag, and much better behavior of apps.

Come on in, the water's fine! ;)

8. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Nothing but good news over here. The negatives might from those who had hoped for copy/paste, video etc.

9. bluelondon thread starter macrumors regular

almost there, almost done with the initial backing up stage which is taking as long as before, but i read in other threads that after this first back up, the rest should take 0.002 seconds :D

edit*

ok i'm done. thanks for the push fellas. everything looks sweet. just updated an app on the phone itself and it downloaded and installed in like 20 seconds as opposed to a few minutes like before. so far so good =)