Anyone else notice a recent bump in battery life for rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dailybibliotaph, Sep 2, 2012.

1. dailybibliotaph macrumors member

Hi guys. I went from 8+ hours on my rMBP with 10.7.x to roughly 5+ hours with 10.8. Saw a minor bump in battery life with 10.8.1 but just noticed yesterday battery life went back to 8+ hours. Real world usage shows battery life figures to be pretty accurate.

Anyone else see a mysterious bump in battery life recently? Btw - still showing 10.8.1

2. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

Mine only ever says a max of 6ish left, this has remained constant since June - and that basically not using the computer, I only get a max of 5 out of it when using it -never 8, you must be on fairly low brightness and not listening to music, hopefully (if not then my battery is seriously under-performing :mad:)

3. dailybibliotaph thread starter macrumors member

Ya, it's weird. I have brightness on 1/2 level. Don't have music playing but have my usual apps running - safari with multiple tabs, Mail, calendar, Skype, messages, Mint, MenuTab for FB, Twitterific, Contacts, Reminder, Notes, drop box, google drive, and calculator.

I was hoping Apple pushed through a patch but it doesn't look like it.

4. Engali macrumors member

I had noticed a bump that seems pretty consistent. At 4 dots of brightness to maybe just under halfway brightness, I've clocked a bit under 7 hours of battery life with moderate web browsing interspersed with gettin some work done in Word.

5. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Mine is lasting significantly longer. Getting 7+ hours on a single charge, and sleep mode seems to use a lot less energy now - I only dropped 2% points in about 12 hours.