Anyone else notice Best Buy is still selling all of the old white iMac models online?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by docprego, Oct 19, 2007.

1. docprego macrumors 65816

I check everyday and to my amazement they are all available for order online. What I don't understand is the pricing. They have the 24" for $1799, while this is $200 less than it originally sold for, it is the exact same price as the updated new model-that makes no sense. Sometimes I am tempted by the white one due to the superior screen but they should reduce the price to make it more appealing. I think $1599 at this point is reasonable.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

That is surprising. Macmall is also still selling white iMacs.

3. 1020 macrumors regular

They're always late to update. When I bought my last mac, they were selling the previous gen model for the same price at BB. Luckily there was an Apple reseller nearby and I didn't get screwed. :)

4. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

I was in a Best Buy a week ago that was selling both the old and new iMacs, oddly enough.

5. docprego thread starter macrumors 65816

Wow but at least their price is sensible-$1549 and then there is a $100 rebate for a net cost of $1449, that's where best Buy should be. I wonder if that is a refurb?

What I like about Best Buy is that they don't Mickey Mouse you with restock fees, that is one thing about the Apple Store that I really don't like.

6. samuraikiss macrumors regular

I work at a Best Buy store -- sadly, not one that sells Macs -- and feel so guilty selling PCs all day long. But, at least in the store, you have 14 days to return a computer and get charged a 15% restocking fee if the box is opened.

7. Nabooly macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

Lol atleast theres iMacs in your best buys. Here, according to the manager "Very little Best Buys actually carry Mac computers to ssell." :rolleyes:

8. docprego thread starter macrumors 65816

I guess you meant to say you have 14 days to return a computer and NOT get charged a 15% restocking fee?

Here in Vegas we have 2 Best Buys that sell Macs and they regularly have decent inventory.

9. NightFlight macrumors 6502

NightFlight

My local Best Buy store has all new Macs with really knowledgable people trying to sell them :)

10. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

No, he meant what he wrote. Best Buy (and most other retailers) charge a restocking fee if you've opened the box. However, this is only good for 14 days. Anything beyond that, and you're stuck with your item.