Anyone else prefer the aluminum (antiglare) bezel to the black?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gmans46, Jun 28, 2011.

1. gmans46 macrumors regular

I got my high end 15 a couple days ago and at first i was dissapointed knowing that i wouldnt have the black bezel but now i actually like it better, i think it gives it more of a clean finish and since the 2007 mbps are kindof considered outdated, it almost looks newer then the other ones. Anyone else?

2. WiLLGT09 macrumors regular

WiLLGT09

At first, I agreed, though now I kinda wish I could get a black bezel with the anti-glare screen.

3. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

The silver bezel is nice. I like the look of the MBA. Hopefully the MBP ditch the glass screen.

4. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

Black bezels make the picture pop more. The contrasting colors just work so well. Having a white iMac, black-bezzeled MBP, white iPad 2 and black iPad 2 has taught me that I should really stick to the black when I can... I didn't have all those devices at the same time btw, though it would be cool to have two iPad 2s. lol

5. gmans46 thread starter macrumors regular

that is a very valid point i just think the actual flow is much better plus to me having an antiglare screen just makes it absolutely worth it i cant stand the glossy for anything

6. deadlystriker macrumors regular

deadlystriker

The silver bezel fits in seamlessly with the aluminium unibody. Don't understand why many are fans of the black bezel. Makes it look less "mac-ish" IMO.

Now if only the current MBPs shipped with a silver keyboard..

7. ShinyDren macrumors member

ShinyDren

I like the aluminum (silver) bezel better. It looks more finished to me (the same color as the main case). With the black it almost seems like someone put new doors on a car but did not paint everything to match. ;)

If they had a black body MBP then the black bezel would be perfect.

8. Blue Sun macrumors 6502a

Agreed.

I too prefer the anti-glare screen, the silver bezel is a nice touch as well.

My next MBP will definitely have the anti-glare. My current MBP screen is nice (the colours really do pop) but I'd prefer to have no glare than slightly nicer colours.

9. AttilaTheHun macrumors 6502a

AttilaTheHun

I used to buy every 3 year a new custom think pad HR AG.
    last year I bought MBP 17" and I choosed the glosy one will never go back to AG the glosy is much nicer and live for me

10. awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

Is the bezel removable? It should be easy enough to paint black ;)

11. ThomasBoss macrumors regular

I like the black bezel....I think it makes the computer look prettier..of course, if anti glare bothered me I wouldn't not get one just because it looked nicer.

12. padmasana macrumors member

padmasana

I replaced my 2006 MBP, which of course had the silver border, with a 2011 silver bezel antiglare. It's a look that I was familiar with. I know lots of folks like the black bezel and glossy screen, but for me, the silver antiglare just looks better. There's no right or wrong. Just choose whichever floats your boat.

13. psuser macrumors newbie

if not because of the silver bezel . i will get the antiglare

14. X3NIA macrumors member

I was torn between glare and antiglare when I bought mine. Got the glossy(glare) specifically because of the bezel.

I like the smooth surface all the way across and black bezel over the silver, seperate screen/bezel look.

15. Philflow macrumors 65816

I think black looks best. Design wise I mean.

16. amarcus macrumors 6502

Since owning an antiglare, the silver bezel has really grown on me. Although from a purely design perspective I think I'd side with black.

17. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

I think black gives the illusion of superior contrast and frankly, I'm quite happy with that. Can you picture an iMac with that silver border? Bleuuugh.

18. JTToft macrumors 68040

On the MacBook Pro, I prefer the silver bezel, which is what I have. It looks cleaner and more exclusive, I think.

19. riptideMBP macrumors 6502

+1
    added a surfacepad and a black speck case too

20. RetepNamenots macrumors 6502

I originally preferred the black surround, but I then went and bought a MBP with antiglare –*glad I did, I think it looks classier.

21. jtabije macrumors newbie

In my opinion, the black bezel looks sharper and clean whereas the aluminum bezel looks more industrious -- kind of (can't really think of the word).

All I know is that the original MBPs look bawse compared to the current ones.

22. head honcho 123 macrumors 6502

i guess this is all a matter of opinion...

i ended up getting the anti-glare (gray) bc the glass was so prone to fingerprints. LOL.

also... this might be a psychological thing, but i feel as though the glossy version of the mbp is heavier than the anti-glare version. because there's a layer of glass on the glossy version unlike the bare naked anti-glare version.

does anyone know if there's a weight difference between the two mbps?

i do like the fact the glossy version does make the colors pop and more vibrant.

23. iWurzel macrumors newbie

I do!

I got my first ever Mac computer yesterday, a 15" high-end with the anti-glare screen, and I love it.

Side by side with my friend's glossy screen, the silver bezel looks a lot cleaner and more professional I think.

I'm very impressed with mine so far! I can't see me ever going back to a Windows computer.

24. intwo macrumors newbie

I think the black border is more aesthetically pleasing because it fits with the black keys.

25. RoyalFlushAK(s) macrumors member

I agree with you,
    Have also a MBP 15" but after an agonizing day at the Apple store I chose the one with the Hi-Res Glossy Widescreen Display for an extra $100 instead the AG. I really didn’t like the silver frame around the screen

RF,