Anyone else really excited?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Radiating, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Radiating macrumors 65816

32 hours away.

When I saw the iPhone 5 I feel in love with it. I recently became a big fan of the apple raw aluminimum design and being able to get that with a phone was really cool, expecially with the ceramic white glass. I also haven't found a Nav app I like so I'm looking forward to Apple's turn by turn navigation. I also struggled with the low light capabilities of the camera and it's nice to see a 4x improvement over the last version. Finally I ran a lot of technical apps that took processing power and they were slow so seeing a doubling in performance is welcome.

Is anyone else really looking forward to the phone? If so what features do you want the most?

2. ObsidianBlade macrumors regular

I'm quite excited indeed. I'm looking forward to the speed and the screen(size).

Just curious, what CPU intensive apps did you use? I like pushing my hardware. Thanks.

3. Castle87 macrumors regular

Well the hardware first and foremost. It really is in a class of its own. Followed by the camera (i'm a photographer coming from the 4, so this is a jump for me) and siri. I've never seen siri used in real life so i'm pretty excited for that. Oh yeah, the whole better service, LTE stuff is a nice touch too.

4. Radiating thread starter macrumors 65816

Financial tracking apps.

I almost forgot about the screen size and LTE.

I guess nobody else is excited besides us 3.

23 hours left.

5. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

Giants tonight, iPhone tomorrow. Should be a good 2 days.

6. Staindsoul macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

Yep. Watching the Giants lose and an iPhone in the morning! Good times :)

7. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

8. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Is it 10:30AM yet?:D

My iPhone is scheduled to be delivered by 10:30AM on Friday.

I will NEVER sell my old iPhone before a new iPhone is in my hands ever again! This flip phone sucks!!!!:(

9. Macshroomer macrumors 65816

Macshroomer

I was fairly excited until I used Apple Maps yesterday, no public transportation reference to start with...ouch.

10. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

It sucks that I'll be at work till saturday, but my best bud offered to pick up the phone at my house and drop it off at work. Some friends are great. Ill have to bring my macbook to work so I can sync it. Just means Ill have to go buy a case saturday.

11. aquadisiac macrumors 6502

12. JesalTV Guest

I'm really looking forward to the speed bump from my iPhone 4. And the camera. And turn-by-turn... Can't wait!

But I do recognise it is but a phone, and I'm just expecting improved performance, not miracles.

13. Joewat64 macrumors regular

14. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I can't wait. Unfortunately I won't get it until I get home tomorrow night. And even then I've gotta call/visit AT&T to do an upgrade swap. I'd like to leave earlier, but I'm giving blood in the afternoon at work.

15. mojo pin macrumors regular

mojo pin

I'm very excited! It will be my first iPhone ever. The two things I'm looking forward to most are using Siri, and the camera. I have a feeling that at least initially, I'll be spending more time talking to Siri than I do talking to most "real" people. :eek: And the camera will be a massive upgrade from what I have now on my HTC Incredible 2 (which by all rights does have a pretty decent camera). The hardware is of course an obvious plus as well.

I just hope I'm able to get one at the store tomorrow!

16. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Heh. That's why I waited. I can bill the new phone to my VZW account in a week or two if not sooner. Sell my 4s and put the cash towards the next vzw bill before it is even due.

But most importantly, I won't have to roll with my antiquated BB Curve in the interim. :)

17. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Same here. I've been incredibly excited for i5 but somehow IOS6 dampened that a bit.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still looking forward to it but I was pretty disappointed by the buggy IOS. :(

18. lookn4wifi macrumors regular

lookn4wifi

I'm on a 3GS now. I'm looking forward to lot's of stuff.

19. cbock35 macrumors member

Beyond excited! I've been struggling with my HTC Evo for almost 2.5 years...Thought about the 4S last year and waited...it's been a painful year.

20. zbarvian macrumors 68010

I'm super excited. I can't wait to get home from classes and get my hands on that beauty. This'll be a great upgrade from my aging iPhone 4.

I honestly just can't wait to have a operable home button.

21. Joewat64 macrumors regular