Anyone else refuse to purchase anything but iPhone due to it's Macbook integration?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by user-name-here, Sep 14, 2013.

1. user-name-here macrumors 65816

I mean of course you could say you get the iPhone due to it's easy of use, quality build materials, premium design, strong resale value, long battery life, great camera, best apps available, and apple's customer service...

... but do any of you simply refuse to get a non-iPhone due to it's Macbook integration?

I love how convenient it is to have both linked to my iCloud account. Whatever calendar appointment I put in my macbook instantly shows up on my iPhone. Whatever notes I make on my iPhone automatically shows up on my Macbook. The list goes on:
    - Contacts
    - Safari bookmarks
    - Mail
    - Calendar
    - Reminders
    - Notes
    - Photos
    - iMessage
    - Facetime
    - And soon to come: iCloud Keychain

Usually I hate when companies lock me in and take the choice away from me, but in this case :apple: does such a good job at making my life easier I can't help but tip my hat to them :)

2. Vctr macrumors regular

I like the integration with my Macbook as well, but a lot of the things you listed aren't just specific to Macbooks. The thing that I use the most is the iMessage integration which is great.

3. lolkthxbai macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

Nope. I buy iPhone because of my experience using the phone.

4. thefourthpope macrumors 6502a

thefourthpope

Especially when they start syncing conversation deletions in os7

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I don't refuse, I just choose to.

Last year I got the Nokia Lumia 900 and it was a nice phone, I came back to the iPhone because managing the phone is not simple, syncing data to and from requires way to many steps and work around, less than 30 days after it got released Microsoft announced that it would not be upgradable to Windows Phone 8 update.

Owning a Windows 8 laptop, Surface tablet and Windows phone you would think they would all communicate with each other, they could not make more difficult if they tried.

And theirs no App selection and checking my bank from the browsing is horrible.

6. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

One of many reasons I got an iPhone when my BlackBerry died. I'm pretty well invested in iTunes, and I wanted a phone that would easily sync music without a workaround. I also just like the iPhone and had wanted one for years before actually getting one (first problem was Verizon, second was parents not wanting to pay for an iPhone).

7. Spacial macrumors 6502

Apples done a great job with OS X. Android integrates & syncs just as easy as iPhones do. It's one of the nice advantages of using a Mac Computer.