Anyone else sad to give up their Jailbroken phone for the iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MajesticNJ, Sep 14, 2012.

1. MajesticNJ macrumors regular

MajesticNJ

While I am really excited about the new iPhone and have ordered already, I can't help but realize that soon I will be without a Jailbroken phone. I've been Jailbreaking since the 3G and have gotten used to the spoils of doing whatever I want to customize the feel of the iPhone.

Losing the Jailbreak means no longer having the awesome tweaks and apps that I've got on my 4S.

Some I could probably live without, others will be hard to lose and I will miss a lot. Such as, BiteSMS, Mail Enhancer, and LockInfo. The following I like but could get used to not having I guess are Infinfolders, CallBar, and Springtomize.

There are many more but you get the point.

I will anxiously look forward to progress from the dev teams with high hopes that they free my iPhone 5 from it's captivity VERY SOON. :)

2. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

A little bit, but the JB for iOS 6 should be along soon enough. :)

3. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Since the A6 is new I doubt it'll be that soon.

4. Stayfly2407 macrumors 6502

Stayfly2407

nope JB messes up ya phone, i got tired of it.

5. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

"Soon" being a relative term. I'm not expecting it within a week or anything. I survived a couple of months after upgrading to the 4S; I can wait.

6. citivolus macrumors 6502a

I'm very bummed about giving up JB...so used to even the most basic of tweaks like multiple pages of apps in a folder, etc. It's going to be tough waiting for that JB!

7. cashville2400 macrumors member

cashville2400

I just can't wait for my wife's 5 to come. By the time I get mine I am sure there will be a JB. Until then I guess I will just keep my JB 4s

8. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

The jailbreak itself doesn't mess up your phone. It's what you install afterward that can slow you down.

9. BrandonHacks macrumors regular

BrandonHacks

I will be missing a few things, but I'll be playing with the new software/hardware features

10. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

I am. There are only a few JB things I really need, but I use them a lot. With a new processor, I'm afraid it could take a while.

BiteSMS
    Google Voice phone and SMS integration
    Activator
    NC Settings
    Springtomize

11. supervelous macrumors 6502

I will seriously miss it, as I have my homescreen customized to not have that boring rows of apps look, I have widgets and all that. Plus I will miss BiteSMS, the JB app that allows me to get Google Voice texts via the regular messaging feature, SB Settings, etc.

BUT I am upgrading from an Iphone 4. I will enjoy a much faster phone, Siri, the bigger screen, the ios6 improvements, better service with Verizon, 4G LTE, facetime over cellular and in improved quality, and the much better and faster camera.

12. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

It's bittersweet for me. My main reasoning has been or tethering, but I can't continue to tether the way I was with current pricing plans.

13. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

I've been jailbreaking since the 3g, 3gs, and 4. I'm sick of it, all the precautions I need to take, all the nonsense waiting for some random schmucks to come up with a jailbreak, etc... and am going to stay stock on the 5. It does slow the device down even if you install only a few, safe items. It just does.

I'm also joining a share plan and will tether without having to worry about carriers "catching" me.

14. mario24601 macrumors regular

Lets hope! :) I will enjoy the 5 but NEED JB...too many good apps.

15. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

A jailbroken iPad 3 will hold me over, the iPad is so good I might just keep the iPhone 5 stock :)

16. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

I'll miss the jailbreak for sure. Apple needs to incorporate some of the shortcuts that can be had through activator etc. For the most part, they've taken care of most of the features that I did the jailbreak for but not all. Every iteration of iOS gets a little closer.

17. darthbane2k macrumors 6502

While jailbreaking doesn't 'mess up' your phone, some of those ridiclious tweaks can slow it down. Furthermore more and more apps are refusing to run if detect a jailbreak. I've missed out on sky go and Barclays ping it for example. And no - before someone suggests installing X-con,it hasn't been updated in months - wont work at all with the latest versions of those apps. The main thing I jailbroke for was FaceTime over 3G - and now that's native

18. Cougarcat macrumors 604

I'm not expecting it (untethered) this year.

I'd love to be wrong though, I want my 3G FaceTime on AT&T.

19. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I've been using iOS 6 beta on my phone for the last 2 months and I do miss JB alot.

20. MajesticNJ thread starter macrumors regular

MajesticNJ

BiteSMS is the big one for me. Hoping I can get used to the stock boring icon layout. Thanks for the replies all! Glad I'm not the only one.

21. rushluvr macrumors member

They need better devs for the iphone. The 4s took forever to JB, expect the 5 to take even longer. Android devs can get root and a custom ROM made within days of a phones release.

22. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

23. chilady1 macrumors member

chilady1

This is the main reason why I am not part of the purchase today crowd and it will take me a couple of months to save up the unsubsidized cost of the phone to keep my unlimited data plan.

24. dgstan macrumors 6502a

The only reason I JB anymore is for NoSpot. I am going to miss it terribly. I don't understand why there's no option to disable Spotlight Search in iOS.

25. dialed1 macrumors 6502

dialed1

A little I want ncsettings! And activator :cool:

----------

Is this the search on the far left? You can uncheck them all can't you?