iPhone Anyone else seeing issues with the new "Home"map in CarPlay not showing your current location?

techno96

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
When plugged into CarPlay, and at the "home" screen (the screen with the map, music, calendar, etc), the map doesn't auto update and follow the car, the location arrow for "me" will just move out of view of the screen and it won't keep up, just stay on whatever section of street I start CarPlay on.

Seems odd, figured I'd see if anyone else is experiencing this or has a workaround.

newtestleper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
Mine worked this evening.

If it matters:

Sony XAV-3000
2014 Mazda CX-5
iOS 13 beta 3
iPhone XR

Peepo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
Yes it sometimes works and sometimes the arrow moves off the map. Going to full screen map in carplay is correct, but the mini map is not. Sometimes unplugging the iPhone and reconnecting to carplay resolves.

techno96

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
Yes it sometimes works and sometimes the arrow moves off the map. Going to full screen map in carplay is correct, but the mini map is not. Sometimes unplugging the iPhone and reconnecting to carplay resolves.
Yup, thats exactly it, arrow moves off the map. I'll give it a try, by reconnecting, do you simply mean unplugging and replugging, or deleting the car and re-adding it?