Anyone else sell their old iPhone and use junk phone before iPhone 5 and hating it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AndersOlson, Sep 20, 2012.

1. AndersOlson macrumors member

So I preordered the new iphone 5 last Friday right when they went on sale so I knew i'd have it the release date and after ordering decided to list my 4s on craigslist. Well I got a buyer almost immediately for my full asking price and made the transaction. I had an old flip phone sitting in a drawer that I figured i'd use for the time being until my 5 came and over the last week I have really realized how much I used my iphone for and how attached to it I was. Not having a smart phone in my pocket to access email, bank info, client info, and such, is really a pain and i'm hating it. Can't wait for my new phone tomorrow.

2. scwinsett macrumors 6502a

scwinsett

I'm in the same boat! This Samsung candy bar phone SUCKS!

3. Ayemerica macrumors 65816

Ayemerica

I'm using a 4S but my GF is using a 4 year old Blackberry...it has been a torture hearing how bad it is.

4. Skystar macrumors 6502

Sold my factory unlocked AT&T 4S on Tuesday, been using my old 3GS since then, which isnt that bad, but the battery is bad and will just quit on me when its somewhere in the 40% range.

5. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

No, but my mom still has the 3G..... tomorrow that changes..... :cool:

6. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

If you consider the Galaxy Nexus a "junk phone" then yes lol.

7. deyjavoo macrumors member

8. batting1000 macrumors 604

Stuck with an LG Optimus S. Sold my 4S for 16GB on Tuesday and preordered the same day, so I've got a long wait. The thing doesn't even have a gig of internal storage..

9. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

Sold my 4 back in June ready for the Apple WWDC but we didnt get a new iPhone so I've been using a £10 Samsung candybar phone since then and I've hated every day! The only good thing is I got about £50-£60 more then what they are going for today and I banked the money ready to pay for my new iPhone tomorrow.

64GB iPhone 5 in Black here I come!! :)

Rookie

10. DMHmac macrumors member

You're kidding, right?

11. Cukies132 macrumors newbie

sold my iPhone 4s and bought a blackberry bold 9330. it's a great phone for texting and calling but checking emails is bad.

12. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

Using a flip phone after selling my 4S. T9 texting is brutal!

Thank God for iMessage!

Is it Friday yet?

13. deyjavoo macrumors member

Yes, but I did downgrade from 4s, so there are some slight annoyances.

14. mkaen macrumors regular

Yes, and I discovered that this old Motorola feature phone has significantly WORSE reception (ATT) than my iPhone 4 in the same location.

15. jgiovino macrumors newbie

Using an iPhone 1. Sold my HTC One X a week ago. Oddly enough, I kind of like it. Feels retro almost. Cool thing is, it's practically brand new condition.

16. derek916 macrumors member

using a Motorola Razr from 2006 .... struggles

17. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

been using a palm pre 2 since monday when i sold my 4S. Slightly better than a dumb phone but doesn't even compare to using an iPhone

18. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

I have this bad habit of not letting go of my old phones, even If I were to sell my 4S I would have 4 older iPhones to tide me over. :D

19. SqB macrumors 6502

I sold mine about a month ago to beat the rush. Was using a water damaged, many times dropped 3G for the past few weeks with a Straight Talk card, but I didn't want to pay another $45 for another month when it ran out last week.

So I have actually had no phone for over a week now. I keep borrowing my kids phones and it's irritating them :rolleyes:.

To make matters worse (?), in anticipation of buying a new iPad in October, I got rid of that too. I'm in self imposed iGadget exile. My Kindle (wifi, non-touch) version has been getting lots of attention. I tried checking e-mails on the web browser the other day. What fun. Luckily I have an MacBook Air or I'd be going crazy.

20. duncanapple macrumors 6502

THIS! I am not sure how I ever used T9 and a number pad for texting lol. It is painfully slow. At least at home I have iMessage from the mac and iPad (and assuming I am texting other iOS people which 90% of them are). Oh well, it will make me appreciate the new 5 all the more :)

#firstworldproblems

21. mateo124 macrumors regular

Haha well I'm using a crap Samsung GS1. Wouldn't be much of a problem if it didn't take 30 seconds to open the messaging app.

22. deyjavoo, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012

deyjavoo macrumors member

We should just name this thread 1st world problems

Edit: Just saw the post 2 above me, I'm late

23. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

I sold my htc evo 4g lte yesterday...been using and old htc evo. The thing barely works....I've been using my MacBook to send and receive text via google voice. The old evo can't carry a signal. That being said, the htc evo 4g lte, sprints version of the htc one x, was a very frustrating phone to use. I was not sad to let it go. I should have never sold my 4s for it. Never again...I used android all but 9 months since the beginning of 2010. I wont be missing it .

24. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Same. Not even sure what year mine is though. I hate texting on it. This has been a long week with that phone.

25. Dennis187 macrumors regular

Dennis187

Using a iPhone 3GS 16gb that is all scratched and full of marks, lmao, at least I can return it tomorrow.