Anyone else spend a ridiculous amount of time glued to their iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Soulsearcher91, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Soulsearcher91 macrumors newbie

Like it's really bad, I spend a large amount of my free time stuck to this phone. Tell me I'm not the only one becoming a complete addict...lol

2. lrsone macrumors 6502

You're not the only one, sadly #

3. Soulsearcher91 thread starter macrumors newbie

Lol I'm a first time iPhone owner and...I don't know how I feel about these things! I now laugh and agree at how true the satire allusion to Apple is in GTA 5. The company is called Life Invader lmao.

4. bushido Suspended

bushido

this has been me since 2008. I literally like close the fb or Twitter app only to check a minute later again lol

5. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

No more than any other phone I've had. I love the larger screen but it has not impacted the usage of my iPad at all, it's not that big. I certainly use it a ton but the larger screen has not made me use it anymore than my 5.

6. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

7. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

It's a device that allows you to escape whatever you're trying to do. Work, planning, study, setting goals, making small talk, doing thoughtful thinking, facing reality. It's a procrastination enabler. ;)

8. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

This is painfully true. LOL

That said, the 6 doesn't occupy any more of my time than its three iPhone predecessors did, nor more than my iPad does. It's a great phone, but it's not dramatically better to me.

Either that, or I've become jaded. :p

9. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I'm glued to it of course!!!

And I'm proud!!!

10. jamespa66, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014

jamespa66 macrumors 6502

I've had every model of iPhone since day 1 except the 5C, I spend close to twice the amount of time on my 6+ than any other.:eek:

11. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

After the newness wears off, I found myself using my 6 and 6+ the same as my 5S. Just a tool to run my company, but a nice tool to say the least. As far as spending hours on it, there is just no way, too much to get done with less time to do it.

Still use my iPad Air 2 for crusing the Internet in the Lazyboy as even the 6+ has a small screen in comparison.:apple:

12. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

Same here! Sometimes I just get so bored I swipe through my apps aimlessly though lol

13. Calebtt macrumors newbie

At first because it was new, now back to normal.

14. Pluto88888 macrumors regular

lol, I spend so much time on my devices too
    3 hours on Tuneradio each day
    around 3 Hours a day on Netflix

15. PowerBook-G5 macrumors 65816

PowerBook-G5

It's not just that new iPhone 6 and its shiny Apple logo...it is the combination of any new tech device and lack of better judgement for what we should be doing (not trying to degrade anyone or anything...even I admit that I use my 5C too much)

I do find it sad that almost anywhere I look, all I see is people on their mobile devices.

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.

People now for some reason feel the need to tell all of their "followers" or "friends" about whatever they are doing, but don't talk to their real friends, the real ones they should be interacting with. Don't get me wrong - social media and the like can be a useful tool when used in moderation, but when people are constantly updating people online about things they are doing, it has gone too far.

16. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I am always amazed how people became so addicted to their mobile devices. Not just the young but it cuts though all age groups. Just walking through the mall 3 out of 10 people are using their phones. Many who are not using are holding their device in their hands while walking.

It has changed our society without a doubt!

17. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Haha I have done that. The apps are is just so pretty you know lol.

18. Imory macrumors 6502a

Life Invader is actually a joke that makes fun of Facebook. Ifruit is their name for the iPhone.

:D

19. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I do if I am out alone eating a meal unless I find some poor soul to talk to.

20. lrsone macrumors 6502

This is very true. I myself can say I am guilty of those things. My girlfriend gets annoyed that I use my phone so much even when walking in the mall. Smartphones have changed the way we live very drastically.

21. bushido Suspended

bushido

lol my mum rang me 4 times last week and went on a rant on my voice mail like YOU HAVEN'T BEEN ON WHATSAPP IN 3 HOURS, R U OKAY?

yes mum... I was taking an exam in CLASS.

my aunt didn't comment on a baby picture in a group chat so my other aunt got furious

22. VO2Max macrumors member

For me my iPhone is a luxury, not a necessity. It does make my life more convenient in may ways.

Having a 22 month old son I find myself often taking pictures to post on FB or instagram, rather than just being in the moment with him. This kid will probably have 5 times as many pictures of him than I had of me when I was growing up. Just this past weekend we took him to a fun center to run around and play. Just about every parent there was calling their kids name to try and get them to look at their phone to get that "perfect" picture. After seeing that I opted to not use my phone the entire time we were there. When I get home from work in the evenings I try not to be on my phone so that I can engage my son in play.

Many times I've considered going back to a flip phone because I know I spend way too much time on my phone (not to mention it would save $$ as well).

23. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

Well, you can't blame them when there's Bendgate :D

24. bushido Suspended

bushido

probably a cultural difference or something but my sister warned me like half a year before she even gave birth that if she ever finds a picture of her child on social media that she would never talk to me again lol she literally threatened me. the people i do know who post baby pics on social media usually hide the faces

25. JonMPLS macrumors 65816