Anyone else still leave the little plastic cap on the top of their Magsafe cable?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by R94N, Aug 19, 2010.

1. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

I've left it on there since I got my MacBook. When I come to charge, I just take it off, and then put if back on there again when I'm finished.

What I'm on about is that little clear plastic cap on the top of the MagSafe cable head. I left it on so it didn't get dirty in amongst the magnetic contacts. I was wondering - does anybody else still do this?

2. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

When I took it off the first day I got it, I set it aside to do just this, but then I lost it :p. I leave my computer plugged in most of the time anyways, so I wouldn't have too much of a need for it.

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I'm coming up on four years and still have the cap :)

4. Koronis macrumors member

Koronis

I kept the cap with the intention of doing this, but I never seem to remember it when I am packing up the charger.

5. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

i have no idea where they even are. they're pretty useless anyways.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

7. R94N thread starter macrumors 68020

R94N

You can do whatever you want, but you want to use the battery power even now and then, just to keep it running smoothly.

8. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I'm actually currently calibrating my battery as I type this. Any tips on how to make it drain faster? I'm getting about 4 hours when it's supposed to last 8. Hopefully the calibration will fix that.

9. R94N thread starter macrumors 68020

R94N

Open plenty of apps, or mess around in iMovie whilst other stuff is open. I found that guzzled the power :p Calibration is supposed to keep the battery's capacity to hold charge at a healthy level, I think.

That reminds me, I need to do it for this month. I did it last month, but you're supposed to do it every month according to the manual/Apple help topics.

10. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Nope mine was removed the day i bought it, 2006 for my Macbook and 2008 for my mbp

11. R94N thread starter macrumors 68020

R94N

Yeah, I suppose it's just a weird habit I have leaving the cap on.