Anyone else think iOS took a lot of cues from Microsoft?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by barkins, Jun 10, 2013.

1. barkins macrumors regular

barkins

It seems to me some of the new design choices and features strongly resemble what Microsoft is doing, which I'm not a fan of. Going to miss the old design once iOS 7 is released. :(

I wrote a blog post with some photo comparisons of how the multitasking screen and the mobile Safari browser look an awful like what Microsoft has done if you want to check it, http://butr.net/2013/06/10/is-apple-being-more-like-microsoft/

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Ive is on record he likes the looks of Windows8 :(

That 2D look is like going back to Windows3.1.

3. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

I see a lot of android and windows in it. It looks kinda of odd but I guess we will all get used to it within a couple weeks of using it.

4. barkins thread starter macrumors regular

barkins

Yes! I couldn't agree more.

I tried out Windows 8 at their Microsoft store, which as a side note contained more of their employees than actual customers, and I felt like I was using a child's toy.

The customization was very limiting and it was very jarring moving from the tiles to desktop mode. I couldn't picture myself working in that kind of environment.

5. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Definitely a lot of cues from Windows Phone / Windows 8.

Microsoft was the first I think to really articulate the idea of "Digitally Authentic" UI, and it's a concept that makes a lot of sense.

I don't think it's a blatant copy or anything though, they way the iOS 7 uses animation, layers, transparency, etc. is a lot different.

6. barkins thread starter macrumors regular

barkins

Yeah, I guess so. I just hope I can customize some of the rainbow stuff.

7. Typswif2fingers macrumors 6502

I blame everything on Google.. They're the ones who changed the Chrome icon to 2D and puff... everyone is jumping on the band wagon.. :)