Anyone else think of the grey ageing like this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Marco123, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Marco123 macrumors 6502a

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

**** no!

Looks terrible IMO.

Are you saying you think someone would really want their phone to look like this?
    [​IMG]

3. Gooberton, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013

Gooberton macrumors 65816

4. Macinva macrumors 6502

Macinva

I always case mine. I took mine 5 out of the case last night to clean it and it literally looks the exact same as when I took it out of the box.

Although that iPhone look pretty cool with that wear, I'd never have one like that. :D

Actually, a case that made it look that way would be pretty cool. lol

5. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

6. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Have been caseless through all my iphones. iPhone (orig), iPhone 3GS, 4S, and now 5S space grey. Never had any problem like that before so I imagine I won't now.

Is the iPhone 5/5S material known for fading?

7. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

The anodized finish will wear off. The 5 proved that. The 5S will likely do the same. The space grey would show the most while the gold would be hard to see. The silver would only scratch and the color should not be different. Solver would hide "wear" the best.

No matter I wanted the space grey no matter.

8. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Same here. All of my iPhones have been naked (however I might put it on a sleeve or pouch when I put it in my purse, except when I have a free pocket with nothing else in it). I've never had a problem. However, I was a bit concerned about the alunimum back so I bought a sosche bumper to elevate it a bit when I place it face up on a surface. Since it's just on the sides the front and back are still naked so the beauty of the iPhone shows :cool: