Anyone else think their battery is getting better over time?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sgrrsh26, Nov 4, 2011.

1. sgrrsh26 macrumors 6502

Yesterday was the first time I hit 21h standby 5 hours of use on a single charge.

At first my battery suffered from standby drain but a fresh install fixed that. Then it drained fast during usage. But it's definitely becoming more satisfactory the more I use it.

2. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I'm glad to hear you feel better.

However, batteries unlike humans generally don't heal themselves, nor do they have the ability to control the drain they are subject to by the device they are connected to.

My practical experience reveals there is a problem. I have no idea how many phones are affected, but it must be a lot since even the mainstream media is reporting the problems now.

I'm on my third iPhone 4S. The first two were returning poor battery life which I really don't mind since I have a car charger and the ability to charge it when I'm in the office.

I've never made a purchase decision based on battery life of any of my laptops, camera, phones, or any other battery powered device. The features are more important to me.

In addition, most devices don't make the "claimed" run times anyway.

So why am I on my third iPhone 4S? Because the first two died completely and would not charge. The genius at the Apple store confirmed it and gave me new phones each time.

Only time will tell as Apple sorts this out. :)

3. sgrrsh26 thread starter macrumors 6502

Why are you assuming I'm some kind of moron.

I'm saying if you use your phone for a good while there's a possibility that the bugs might work themselves out.

4. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I am getting varied results, there still seems to be something Funky, but I do not have the problems some others do, in fact I switched back to my new iPhone 4 and it seems I thought it would be better, and they are about the same which was interesting to me.

Turned off some Notifications and Locations items and it has been better, but I will wait for the update after all the bugs are worked out.

5. mms13 macrumors 6502

It probably is getting better from a few discharge/recharge cycles. But over a long period of time it will get worse

6. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Not true at all

Over time like my 4 it got far better over time...

7. PerplexShyt macrumors 6502

It is no secret that iphone's batteries drain faster in the first weeks of use. This is how its always been since the first original iphone. I know because I had each. And everytime, people go crazy about the battery in the first weeks of release. Then the complaints die down after they realized their battery life is now coming up to speed with natural charging/usage.

Now while i do believe iOS5 is exacerbating the "battery's initiation weeks", i know it will improve.

The "Batterygate" media frenzy is happening, I believe because there are MANY new iphone users signing up, and they haven't went through the initiation weeks yet -- coupled with the iOS5 issues as aforementioned.

8. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I was not assuming your were a moron, but batteries don't get better, so perhaps you've not had an opportunity to learn more about them.

It's an inanimate object, it will not work out the bugs on it's own.

Here's something to read:

http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

Cheers :)

----------

Sorry to disappoint you but there is no such thing as "initiation weeks" for batteries. Read the link I provided above.

9. sgrrsh26 thread starter macrumors 6502

I've had it for over two weeks and it's been more than just a few cycles.
    It's definitely getting better.

At first it was fine for the first 2 days. Then it had standby drain which was fixed via restore. Then I was getting about 3 hours usage max.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320438213.396306.jpg

10. sgrrsh26 thread starter macrumors 6502

Again your condescendence is humorous. I've read up on li-ions enough thanks and I have a much better source than apple. You need to read again I said the bugs worked themselves out not "the batteries were hard at work hammering and sawing away at the bugs."

Your posts aren't contributing any useful information to me lol. I'm telling you my battery is GREATLY improved. Maybe if you hadn't have bugged out and replaced yours three times and instead just waited for a fix yours would have caught up to mines performance as well.

See the img above the numbers don't lie.