anyone else tired of all the att/verizon complaints?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ceviche Lover, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Ceviche Lover macrumors regular

if you don't like thier service, go switch to sprint or t-mobile. don't like the fact that att wont allow facetime on unlimited plans? get a shared plan or change providers. don't like the fact that verizon won't subsidize your phone unless you ditch your unlimited plan? pay full price for the phone or switch providers. whats the point of complaining about it? its thier network, they can do whatever they want with it and if you dont like it take your business elsewhere.

2. Cougarcat macrumors 604

There is no one else to do business elsewhere...all the US carriers suck.

Also, AT&T needs to be called out on the FaceTime nonsense, because net neutrality is important.

3. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

I agree. I'm sick and tired of hearing my butlers and maids complain about Verizon/AT&T pricing! I mean come on... shut your traps and fetch me my golden goose!

4. Mr Hill macrumors 6502

Well they are overpriced and T-Mobile/Sprint are the alternatives. Currently the issue with Sprint is their terrible data speeds. T-Mobile's issue is that their network isn't yet compatible with the iPhone. Little choice other than the Big 2 for those who want a decent iPhone experience.

5. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I am not bothered, there will always be complaints. No one or no company is perfect. If they were it would be terribly boring :)

The best way to avoid complaints is to withdraw from society. It's populated by humans like us. Ha...Ha...Ha...

6. dotme macrumors 6502a

A thread complaining about complainers. Awesome! :D

7. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

Two words: Love it :D

Exactly! Now we need you to make a new thread complaining about the complainers who complain about the complainers! ;):p:D

8. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

You seem to think you have all the answers, but only because you ignore a lot of factors. Not everyone can just switch carriers for one.

9. Dennis187 macrumors regular

Dennis187

Does anyone else think it should only cost $0.000000001 / month?

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Well said.
    Its not like we have plenty of options.
    Picking 1 of the 2 evil greedy carriers is hard.
    And they're getting worst and they continue to nickel and dime their customers as they go.

Im getting sick of the people complaining and not letting us complain because we complain too much.
    I need to file a complain about this:D

11. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

I honestly don't have many options where I live in Knoxville. We have AT&T (my current provider), Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile. They all have great service here, but I travel an hour and a half away every weekend to a place where only Verizon and AT&T have good service. T-Mobile is completely dead there and Sprint is completely dead too. And personally, I have never had any problems out of AT&T at all. I mean I believe that it is wrong of AT&T to limit Facetime over cellular to only mobile share plans, but I rarely use FaceTime and it wouldn't bother me at all to switch to the mobile share since I have an individual plan.

12. Ceviche Lover thread starter macrumors regular

im not going to defend att or verizon, but how else do you expect them to handle the massive bandwidth increase that LTE is going to bring? in order to add LTE coverage you have to invest $$$$. you're talking about providing your customers an connection that is literally 30 times faster. theyre not going to provide that and keep pricing the same. thats just not how it works.

13. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

A) What do you think our current payments are for?
    B) All that extra traffic the carriers use as an excuse to raise rates is a myth

14. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

They've always sucked....they always will suck....deal with it.

15. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Haha...great stuff, gentlemen!

16. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

The problem is that there are no good options. Switch to who? T mo and their small network without iPhones? Sprint and their 2005-esque data speeds? It's really a lesser of many evils situation on which no carrier has distinguished itself as an actual good choice.

17. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

Now THAT is funny!:D

Personally, I wish they didn't give us a reason TO complain about their service!

18. CASLondon macrumors 6502a

I agree, if you aren't happy with your provider helping the government to break multiple laws and pipe a massive wiretap directly to the internet without any legal justification, you should just go to sprint already...

https://www.eff.org/nsa/hepting

Having moved abroad, I'm shocked by the quality, cost, and lack of competition in the cellphone/ home broadband market in the US. Whoever said all US carriers suck, add broadband to it, and amen.

And by the way, "Its their network, they can do what they want with it"? Radio spectrum is a public good auctioned to the networks, and should be subject to minimal standards for competition and consumer rights.

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/fcc-auction4.htm

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Well said.
    They make billions in record profits but they cant invest on bettering their network to provide better coverage for their customers?
    Its all BS to rack up more charges.