Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
I've updated my partner's 3G iPhone non-JB, and was getting ready to update. Anyone update, and notice any difference?:eek:

Go into iTunes>Connect iPhone>Update Apps>Prompt Screen: Carrier Settings Update>2.9 to 3.1

moka

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2008
apparently it is to improve your cell service. not sure if its only 3G or Edge too... :)

moka

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2008
go ahead, i have a JB Iphone and the update does not seem to be effecting it in any way. so you should be safe...

mickcris

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2008
I have the "at&t carrier logo" replacement package installed and it is no longer working. I am thinking that this update caused it to not show up anymore.

mickcris

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2008
saw this posted on another site. i guess this may be why?

iPhone users in the US have recently been hit with a "carrier update" when they sync with their machines, and a little digging reveals that the package contains two "AT&T M-Cell" carrier logos -- suggesting that Ma Bell's upcoming MicroCell femtocell is close to launch. Still no word on how much the Cisco-sourced hardware will cost when it does arrive and we're still not super-stoked on the idea of paying a monthly fee to improve AT&T's own service, but if you've been patiently waiting to take matters into... [Read More]

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
saw this posted on another site. i guess this may be why?

iPhone users in the US have recently been hit with a "carrier update" when they sync with their machines, and a little digging reveals that the package contains two "AT&T M-Cell" carrier logos -- suggesting that Ma Bell's upcoming MicroCell femtocell is close to launch. Still no word on how much the Cisco-sourced hardware will cost when it does arrive and we're still not super-stoked on the idea of paying a monthly fee to improve AT&T's own service, but if you've been patiently waiting to take matters into... [Read More]

Good stuff; definitely NOTHING on the install, thanks mick...:cool:

mickcris

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2008
Saw there was an update for the att carrier logo package on Cydia this morning. I updated it, but it still did not change the logo.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
So, are you showing the same AT&T logo (blue & white circle, sorta' blue tiger stripes)? B/c I'm not showing anything at all but the standard AT&T letters. I have my US Marines Theme and the USMC shows up in the Carrier position on the status bar...

mickcris

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2008
I am showing just the AT&T capital letters. The circle and lower case letters from the cydia package disapeared with the carrier update. I figured that the package on cydia was updated today to correct this, but it did nothing when i installed it.

tkauftheil

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2009
I found a way to change the Carrier Logo

Long time reader, first time to post. I too noticed the custom logo was gone. After tooling arounf in the file system I stumbled on the correct directory and added my custom .png's.

If you place your custom file named:
Default_CARRIER_ATT.png and FSO_CARRIER_ATT

in the directory path: User/Library/Carrier Bundle/ATT_US
(that is the general path, just going off of memory)

you can change the logo. I have been using a custom one I made for the old Cingular logo.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 87

UFMatt

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2009
Are you saying you're losing the text that says "at&t" or you had the blue att logo and it erased it? :eek:

blik

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2008
Long time reader, first time to post. I too noticed the custom logo was gone. After tooling arounf in the file system I stumbled on the correct directory and added my custom .png's.

If you place your custom file named:
Default_CARRIER_ATT.png and FSO_CARRIER_ATT

in the directory path: User/Library/Carrier Bundle/ATT_US
(that is the general path, just going off of memory)

you can change the logo. I have been using a custom one I made for the old Cingular logo.

Did you upgrade your carrier settings?

I had custom ones made and put in that folder................and after the upgrade I lost the custom ones.............I went and put them back into that folder and still nothing..............

I cannot get my custom ones back

any suggestions??

tkauftheil

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2009
Sorry, I should have included more dets.

My phone in a 2g model that is JB and unlocked. w/ 2.2.1. I did do the 'Carrier Update' and that is when I discovered (as most everyone else has) my custom carrier logo was gone. I went to the usual spot to try to get it back. I want to say it is in /system/carrier bundle/att (or something to that effect. edit: this is the folder I had originally placed the custom logo's) I dropped my logo's in that folder and re-booted the phone but the logo was still the test 'AT&T'. I poked around a bit longer and found the folder in User/Library/Carrier Bundle/ATT_US. dropped my custom logos there and it worked. My phone is still JB'd and have had no ill effects. I don't believe it effect the unlock portion, but I cannot confirm as I am on Cingular (er.. at&t) anyway.

Ashyukun

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2008
Error when trying to update settings

When I try and update the carrier settings, I get the following error message from iTunes:

"iTunes could not update the carrier settings on your iPhone. An unknown error occurred (0xE800003D).

Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, or try again later."

Anyone else encounter this, or have any clue what is wrong?

Reland

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2009
I get the same error message on jailbroken iPhone 3G. Doesn't seem to effect functionality but I get the error message every time I connect phone to PC, which is getting very annoying. Just started today, Feb 12.

***Update***

I got rid of the error message.

1. Go to Cydia and remove AT&T Carrier Logo package.

2. Reboot phone and connect to iTunes.

3. When prompted, install new carrier settings. No error message this time.

4. Go to Cydia and install AT&T Carrier Logo package.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.