Anyone else use Target's reservation system? My local store called - they have a Jet Black for me.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cscottrun, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Cscottrun macrumors 6502

I kind of find this hard to believe. I'm thinking maybe it's a matte black. I already have the matte black plus 32gb, but I put in a reservation for fun through Target's website since I really wanted the Jet Black but didn't want to wait forever to get it (was able to get a regular black from Apple on launch day). Now target just called me and said they have a jet black for me. I'm going to stop by after work and grab it. They told me I have 48 hours to pick it up but we'll see if they still have it when I get there (if they even really had it at all).

Anyone else put a reservation in through Target's website and get a call?

2. cantankerously macrumors regular

Yes, for a JB 128GB 7+.

No call from them yet

3. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

4. Cscottrun thread starter macrumors 6502

I just called back and they confirmed 128 gb jet black +. I won't be able to get over there until after work today but so far so good.

I put in a reservation at about 6 stores, this is the first store to call me.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 27, 2016 ---
    Well I actually figured out how to check stock online and I can confirm they have it now. The next question is whether they'll let me purchase it outright.

5. sheltem macrumors member

Can you post some links? How do you reserve an iPhone? Do you call them or is it done online? And how did you check stock online? Brickseek?

6. Cscottrun thread starter macrumors 6502

Stock can be checked here: https://mobile.target.com/web/shopping/carrier

And at one point last week it was allowing you to put your name in for a reservation, but it seems this is no longer an option.