Anyone Else Use Their Airave Upgrade to Preorder iPhone through Sprint?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gsugators, Oct 10, 2011.

1. gsugators, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011

gsugators macrumors member

This is hit or miss. Some Sprint CSRs say you can use the Airave upgrade, while others say you can't.

Anyone else tried using theirs?

I used mine for a preorder at Worse Buy. I will update everyone on my results when I go pick up the phone.

2. cdudeman macrumors newbie

What process did you go through to get this? Do you have to sign up for a 2 year contract on the airrave and then switch the phone to your primary line? I have the airrave upgrade too, and this is what the sprint CSR told me to do.

3. networkvision macrumors newbie

Do Not Do This

This was done by many people and the parties responsible are being investigated for fraud. The airave is on a recurring upgrade due to having no MRC and no contract. The airave is viewed as an accessory that gets full support, sprint offers the airave at no MRC in order to assist customers who have difficulty getting service in their area, and we dont require a contract because of 2 primary reasons. 1 as per contract there is no guarantee that service will be available in all locations, including inside buildings and homes. Even with the airave this is still the case, so sprint wont hold you to a contract that they cant honor. 2 With the upcoming changes to the sprint network most of the people who need an airave to boost signal in their home will no longer be needed. Please do not take advantage of the services that sprint provides in order to improve the quality of your service.