Anyone else walked away?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by momoruno, Sep 20, 2013.

1. momoruno macrumors newbie

It was pretty bad. They weren't selling what that we wanted.

They have a stock pile of 5c's unlocked, but no 5s unlocked.

I count 5 people, who walked out of line because they had no silver and gold.

Thoughts?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Thoughts are if a store doesn't have what I want, I walk away too.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I think it is great that you and others walked away because they didn't have what you wanted. It makes more sense than those that buy what they don't want hoping to return it within the allotted timeframe and get what they really want.

Are you going to order online?

4. insimbi macrumors 6502

insimbi

Waited in line since 4am only to find out they didn't have any white iPhones. Walked away..

5. UnbornApple macrumors regular

UnbornApple

But for the 5 People that walked away, how many purchased a phone?

Apple does not care about a few people walking about because they are still going to sell them as quickly as they can make them.

6. momoruno thread starter macrumors newbie

I suspected they wouldn't have the goods. Although it was unexpected when they took it down from their website at the last minute.

I suspect that Apple will have them in stores next month. I just won't have a phone until then. If it takes more than a month, I won't be getting the 5s at all.

7. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

My friend got in line at an Apple store near his work in Century City, CA.

Got in line at 8am (when the store opened), and he's just now almost walking out with his space gray Verizon 16gb 5S.

He was texting me updates, the gold and silver both sold out super quick. Luckily he wanted a space gray anyways.

8. Phonzoxd macrumors 6502

I find it insane for anyone to settle on what they originally wanted.

For someone willing to wait on line for hours for an expensive product, I find it irritating that they are willing to settle. You had the will power to stand on line for a day but not just wait maybe a few more weeks for what you really want.

9. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

I went to Sprint. I got in line of about 5 people and I overheard them saying they only had Space gray. I said I would come back another time and I just left. No point in waiting for the color I didn't want.

10. Shutterbug78 macrumors newbie

I walked away when they were out of silver I ended up walking out of Best Buy with what I wanted a few hours later.