Anyone else want the double glass of the 4/4s back?!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spinedoc77, Sep 14, 2013.

?

Do you pine for the days of the iphone 4/4s dual glass?

1. Yes I miss the days of such a sturdy phone

24 vote(s)
    48.0%
  2. No I enjoy the iphone 5 more

17 vote(s)
    34.0%
  3. I don't care either way

6 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Plastic 5c?!?! Sign me up

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  1. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

In talking about scuffgate in another thread, it got me thinking. When I went home last night I pulled out an iphone 4 I have laying around as an emergency phone and compared it to my iphone 5. I have to say I really really miss the iphone 4 construction and durability, it just "felt" like a much higher quality phone than the iphone 5. It also surprised me just how identical the screens looked other than one being slightly taller, it's amazing just how little the screen changed in what, 3 years? 4 years by the time the ip6 comes out.

Anyway, anyone else pine for the days of the ip4? I only use my phone as a phone most of the time, with a lot of navigation thrown in. I actually thought about going back to the ip4 last night because I was kind of frustrated with some scuffs I had on my ip5, which has had a cover on it since it came out of the box.

2. Indecisi0n macrumors regular

Indecisi0n

I use to say yes but I use a mophie case/battery so it no longer matters.

3. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I just love the weight of the iPhone 5, don't think I could go back to the denseness of the glass and steel. I also really like the way the sides and most of the back are all one piece - just flows so well.

4. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

The glass was nice but I really prefer the 5 design, yes the aluminium can dent etc. but it looks like the 1st gen iphone. Everything has It's pluses and minuses :p

5. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

I've sold my 5 and am using a 4 now.. It feels much much better... IMO. The 4/4S is my favorite iPhone to date.

That said I did pre-order 2 iPhone 5c's for the fiancée and me

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

^^^ This.

Bring the iPhone 5 back. One solid piece, all black, thin, light and solid.

7. weckart macrumors 68040

A fragile glass back panel was the stupidest design brainfart ever. So far, only the dud Nexus 4 has followed suit.

8. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

No, I want a phone made out of stronger metal than the aluminum with a durable finish.

9. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

I liked the glass back. I wouldn't mind the size of the ip5 with a glass back. Before I had a warranty replacement, my aluminum back had a tiny ding in it and I found it annoying. At least the glass back was easily replaceable. Plus the anodized edges are still prone to chips. I have a large chip near my sleep/wake button that is bothersome. I will be getting the white 5S this time around because it looks like the 5 in that there is no color added to the bezel. So a chip on the finish shouldn't be so obvious.

10. legioxi macrumors 6502a

iPhone 4s, 1 year naked: Scratched to hell until it shattered.
    iPhone 5, 1 year naked: One dent, no major marks on the aluminum... two glass portions scratched to hell.

I'd rather take aluminum over all glass.

11. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

12. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I liked the design of the 4/4S better than the 5/5S.

14. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

How was a glass front and back more sturdy? I mean I loved the 4's design but I lived if fear of dropping the thing. I'll take a scratch or a tiny nick instead of shattered glass back any day.

15. Adelphos33 macrumors 6502

This is one of the main reasons I ordered the 5C over the 5S. I like the density of the 4/4S. The 5C is a tad heavier/denser than the 5/5S, which I expect I will likely.