Anyone else watch lose connection a lot and you need to unpair?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dictoresno, Feb 7, 2018.

1. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Im getting really tired of this. It seems my watch will become randomly disconnected from the phone. Rebooting both won't help, the watch shows the disconnected icon and the phone shows its connected. Watch refuses to reconnect, even toggling airplane mode won't help. I have no choice but to unpair it, and doing so, it even gives me an error that it wasn't able to complete the unpair properly. Once I set it up all over again and restore it, it works fine for another month or two. Then randomly, again, the watch won't receive notifications and they all go through on my phone, letting me know theres yet another connection issue. Rinse, repeat. Anyone else have this issue on a monthly/two month basis?

2. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

This only happened to me after updating to 4.2.2 - the next day I accidentally left my iPhone at home when I went to work. My wife was nice enough to drive it to my office (it was on the way) - but no matter what I did, I couldn’t get the watch to see the phone. Unpairing and re-pairing still showed the red iPhone symbol saying phone wasn’t visible. So I restarted phone and watch and haven’t had that problem again. Wife hasn’t had any problems like this.

I’ve had my watch since November 2017 late.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Need more information other than what you're informing us of. What Apple Watch do you have? What version of watchOS are you currently operating? Beta?

4. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

Series 0 and 4.2.2.

However I've had this happen on many different OS's. I was asking the masses in general, not if using a specific OS caused it.

5. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

still having this issue. as you can see, the watch was working fine for a month then all of a sudden yesterday I noticed the following...

phone was vibrating, watch wasn't at all when notifications were received. watch was off the charger for maybe 2 hours at this point, noticed the battery was completely drained and around 24%. it showed it was disconnected from the phone, however toggling airplane mode a few times and rebooting the watch and phone, I was able to get it to reconnect, only to have it disconnect again. the only way to fix this whole mess is to repair. even when I do the unpair process, it tells me it fails somewhat. am I the only person that finds the watch disconnects and it unable to reconnect to the phone, even though theres nothing wrong with the connection. I have to repair this thing almost every month randomly.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Time to visit Apple and let them run diagnostics on both watch and phone.