Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Anyone else with this? Series 6

AppleDavid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2013
Slovenia
you can only notice it with direct light. It’s a new Series 6 and I don’t know if this is a problem or every Apple Watch has this? It’s something under the glass and it’s not dust.

Attachments

• FE780A71-FF8D-4522-9B6A-93B49D93137B.jpeg
    FE780A71-FF8D-4522-9B6A-93B49D93137B.jpeg
    257.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 2060353E-5F6D-409F-A782-674D1F90B4EA.jpeg
    2060353E-5F6D-409F-A782-674D1F90B4EA.jpeg
    287.5 KB · Views: 99

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
you can only notice it with direct light. It’s a new Series 6 and I don’t know if this is a problem or every Apple Watch has this? It’s something under the glass and it’s not dust.

Note enough information, You need to be way more descriptive in your post.

If it’s not dust, then what do you suspect it is? Does it look like dried adhesive? Does it scrape off at all with your finger nail? Does it look like it’s chipped when you run your fingernail over it? When did you first notice it?

And no, not every Apple Watch will definitely look like that, but you have to answer those questions before anyone can make an evaluation.

Comment

AppleDavid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2013
Slovenia
Note enough information, You need to be way more descriptive in your post.

If it’s not dust, then what do you suspect it is? Does it look like dried adhesive? Does it scrape off at all with your finger nail? Does it look like it’s chipped when you run your fingernail over it? When did you first notice it?

And no, not every Apple Watch will definitely look like that, but you have to answer those questions before anyone can make an evaluation.

thank you for your reply. I noticed it a few days ago (the watch is only 14 days old). It doesn’t scrape off and also not chipped. It’s like something is under the display...
[automerge]1603169356[/automerge]
Second that. Try an alcohol swab pad to clean it.
I tried everything, it’s not going away.

Comment

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
thank you for your reply. I noticed it a few days ago (the watch is only 14 days old). It doesn’t scrape off and also not chipped. It’s like something is under the display...
[automerge]1603169356[/automerge]

I tried everything, it’s not going away.

Being the watch is 14 days old, (which would put you just outside your return Period), Apple will likely just replace your watch with a new one and make an exception or send you a refurbished model, which in all likelihood, will be completely new, given they probably don’t really have many refurbished units with the recent release weeks back.

Reactions: AppleDavid
Comment

AppleDavid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2013
Slovenia
Being the watch is 14 days old, (which would put you just outside your return Period), Apple will likely just replace your watch with a new one and make an exception or send you a refurbished model, which in all likelihood, will be completely new, given they probably don’t really have many refurbished units with the recent release weeks back.
Great, thank you for your reply I don’t have any Apple Stores near by, so the exchange for a refurbished or new from a Authorized Service Provider will likely be a problem (The will just say, that the watch is working correctly and this is just a cosmetic problem).

Comment

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Great, thank you for your reply I don’t have any Apple Stores near by, so the exchange for a refurbished or new from a Authorized Service Provider will likely be a problem (The will just say, that the watch is working correctly and this is just a cosmetic problem).

No, don’t let them tell you that it’s cosmetic. They may want to inspect your watch, but definitely ‘push the issue‘ that your watch should not have those types of markings. Don’t be afraid to escalate your case to a supervisor if need be.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AppleDavid
Comment

AppleDavid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2013
Slovenia
No, don’t let them tell you that it’s cosmetic. They may want to inspect your watch, but definitely ‘push the issue‘ that your watch should not have those types of markings. Don’t be afraid to escalate your case to a supervisor if need be.
Ok, I sent the watch to an authorized service center.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.