Anyone Elses iPhone 4S Do This??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VideoNewbie, Nov 6, 2011.

1. VideoNewbie macrumors 6502

if i havent used my phone for say about 5 min or so and i press the home button there will be a slight 2 second lag for the lock screen to appear..

however lets say i use my phone..click the off button on the very top of the phone so the screen goes black and then press the home button, the lock screen will then appear very quickly. it will keep responding quite quickly until i give my phone time to "sleep" then again there will be a slight 2-3 second lag for the lock screen to appear when i press the home button

is it just my phone that does this?

2. Lunchb0x8 macrumors 6502a

Mine is working fine.

Have had it since AU launch day, is on 5.0.1 b2 and running like a dream.

3. rkeato1 macrumors regular

See if you have Triple Click enabled in the accessibility options... I had it enavled and was experiencing a delay. After I turned it off it fixed the issue.

4. InternetDude08 macrumors regular

No. Do you ever do a hard reset (hold down home and power button until apple logo comes up)? I know when my 3G got laggy a hard reboot or whatever it's called helped the situation.

5. VideoNewbie thread starter macrumors 6502

mine was off.

so im guesing that the 2-3 second delay after pressing the home button is not normal...there is no delay when the phone has been in use but if i leave it for 5 min or so it does have a lag.
    very weird

back to the apple store this goes.

6. kre62 macrumors 68000

I get what youre saying and I think its normal. 4S here, same delay after a brief tap of the home button. Its software, intentional.

7. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

It happens to me sometimes. Doesn't bother me. The phone has some glitches but honestly, I don't care.

The double-text tone (seems like I'm getting 2 texts), the lock screen sound being loud for some reason sometimes, and for some reason when it's charging the touchscreen acts weird.

I'm good.

8. PaulyD macrumors 6502

I had this, a restart fixes it

Bug with Siri which I'm sure will be fixed

Haven't had this myself

9. roccobladr macrumors 6502

just tried it and same thing happens to me OP. seems like its software related

10. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

If I relate to this to Android, I would say that the OS is going into "deep sleep" mode after some time of inactivity on the lock screen
    It could be a battery saving feature similar to Samsung Android kernel development tree ...

11. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

It could be the CPU is throttling down after a few minutes to save battery. If my 4S has not been used in a while it takes a little bit more time for the lock screen to come up compared to if I had just used it.

2-3 seconds? Are you sure. Mine maybe takes an extra 1/2 second to wake after a few minutes. Still takes no longer than a second. Have you looked at your watch and looked at 2-3 seconds? That is a long time.:(

12. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

My first iPhone 4S did this, I took it in to get a replacement for another issue (it was dropping way to many calls, the guy said that it was a hardware problem) and my second one does this same thing as well as my girlfriends iPhone 4. I believe it it just some sort of powersaving function that they have built into it. It really doesn't bother me and if you bring it back to the Apple store they are probably going to tell you its normal.

My phone does not take 2-3 seconds though, it takes slightly longer but certainly it does not take that long.

13. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I had this on my iPhone 4 after updating to iOS 5