Anyone ever bring their MacBook Pro to one of those Apple Store workshops?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kendo, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Kendo macrumors 68000

I was thinking of signing up for a few of those classes because I am a relatively new Mac user. It would especially come in handy for those iPhoto and iMovie classes since once you learn how to use it once, you don't have to learn it again.

Can anyone give any advice if they found them useful particularly since it is free? Do you have much interaction with other people that sit around you? Are they small classes?

Also, how long is each class relatively? I'd like to knock out two or three per day if possible.

2. AFPoster macrumors 65816

I've never been but I've been in the store when they are doing the training and I've also looked them up online. From what I have found is that they're normally 30minutes to 1 hours, very instructive and intuitive. Downside is that if you don't practice at least 2x a week you will forget certain things.

I would bring your personal Mac with you just because you can record the screen, what the person is saying and what you're doing to have a reference. Yes they can and will supply one to you but if you got one... show it off!