Anyone ever go too far when they hold down backspace?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Apr 1, 2012.

1. TH55, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012

TH55 macrumors 68030

I feel like the timings a little off, I constantly go further than I wanted to. The fast delete, where it starts deleting whole words, kicks in a second too late and by then I've deleted everything I wanted to and it ends up going to far and deleting a couple words I didn't want to.

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

3. TjeuV macrumors 6502

I got used to it, so if you use it now and then you'll probably get the hang of it when to stop

4. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Haha, I disabled that feature through jailbreak. An even bigger annoyance! I constantly activated that when I didn't want to

5. Mrarkon macrumors newbie

6. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

I've had an iPhone since the first iPhone and I still go too far when backspacing large amounts of text. However, that's probably because I very rarely need to backspace large amounts of text. I'm either hitting backspace a couple of times to change a few letters or I'm deleting the whole thing and starting over (select all, backspace).

7. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Clearly it's a flaw in the software then, you shouldn't have to get used to it

8. ap3604, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  9. Mrarkon macrumors newbie

What he said.

10. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

11. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

12. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

13. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Hard to feel sorry for you there...

14. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

So EVERY piece of software is flawed because a person who has never used it before has to get used to it? Makes perfect sense, much like your disabling of shake to undo and then complaining that you don't have the functionality.

15. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

I never complained that I didn't have the functionality, can you quote where I said that? I was complaining about the timing of the delete. And even if I was complaining about it there is a much better way to implement it than the awkward shake to undo

16. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I use my delete key with the utmost precision. It works perfectly for me. I never go too far. But that's because I'm used to it. What the heck do u mean "you shouldn't have to get used to it"?!? Of course if ur new to something, ANYTHING, you have to get used to it before your a pro with it. I've never used an android phone other then when fixing my wife's. And when I do grab her phone it is totally awkward to me. Why? Because I'm not used to it. But if I had it for a week or 2 it wouldn't be awkward. Case closed.

Saying there's a software issue because U don't know how to execute a timed function properly is just a stupid statement. It really is.

17. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

No, I can get used to other timed functions just fine, this one is completely off. I have tried and cannot get it down pat

18. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Is there a tweak to alter/disable?

If I wanted to clear large amounts of text I would just select/select all and hit backspace or cut. All I really need is whole word deletion, not multi-word. That is not only useless because of the poorly implemented timing but also redundant

19. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Look up Delete Word in Cydia.

20. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Yeah, it sends me back in time sometimes - now that's going too far!