Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wymi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2012
This is from my Daughters 5C:

Attachments

• Star.bmp
    27.9 KB · Views: 527

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Just hit continue, likely the security certificate has expired...

No no no bad idea!

Certificate warnings can indicate a man in the middle attack. If you're on a public wifi and see one of these warnings, someone could be impersonating the server, trying to steal your login information!

Never blindly hit continue when you see a certificate warning. The best thing is is to hit cancel and try again on a different network.

wymi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2012
This shows up on the phone when it's turned off and then back on. It happens while the phone is on our home wifi network.

----------

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. Don't worry about it. It has to do with Verizon.

What did you hit for the options on the message?

scotrinaf

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2013
Blountville, TN
No no no bad idea!

Certificate warnings can indicate a man in the middle attack. If you're on a public wifi and see one of these warnings, someone could be impersonating the server, trying to steal your login information!

Never blindly hit continue when you see a certificate warning. The best thing is is to hit cancel and try again on a different network.

The chances of that being the case is about 1:100,000

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
Do you have the My Verizon app on your phone? If yes, delete it. Verizon admitted when the 5 (not 5s or 5c) came out, it did not work properly. I had the same issue and deleted app, and it never returned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.