Anyone excited about the release of a new Jailbreak but now that is it out. . .

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by braddick, May 25, 2012.

1. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

won't bother installing it?
    I was looking forward to this 5.1.1 jailbreak and it appears simple to install but I've waited and have gone so long without a jailbreak that now it is here, changed my mind and won't be using it.

Anyone else used to their iPhones without a jailbreak and won't hassle with it now?
    Just curious.

2. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

In a few weeks time, iOS 6 :/ This super sucks for me.

3. Wide opeN macrumors 6502

Wide opeN

I've waited so long that I'M MOST CERTAINLY going to Jailbreak.

If anything this long wait has taught me that I'll NEVER again upgrade software or iPhones WITHOUT their being an available JAILBREAK first...

Feel like I've been dying, without my Jailbreak!!!

4. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

lol... why would you change your mind now that you're actually able to do it?

Just because it's too easy and too many people are? Doesn't make you 1337 enough? :D

----------

Suck when a telephone can only surf the web and listen to music and stuff. :(

5. braddick thread starter macrumors 68040

braddick

I know what you mean... probably still will when the dust settles. I always seem to change my mind.

Just not looking forward to possibly messing it up and the heartache that follows along with the chaos.

6. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

Clearly you don't understand the point of a jailbreak. It wasn't some release to hype up new features or anything. The main point was to jailbreak the new iPad and get people who were caught after 5.0.1...

7. aleni macrumors 68020

i waited for the jb for a long time, and now it's out and i jb'ed my phone, the excitement is lost after one day, now im going back to a fresh copy of 5.1.1 :eek:

8. briantaylor619 macrumors member

I've gotten used to being without the jailbreak now for the past 3 months.

I like both ways: Jailbroken or Stock.

Doesn't mean I'm not going to jailbreak though ;) I did it as soon as I woke up this morning and love it.

9. Wide opeN macrumors 6502

Wide opeN

I think what happens, is one goes in cycles (depending on what Cydia Apps they're using) with how excited they are to have a jailbroken device.

Ex. I just bought LockInfo and downloaded BytaFont with the 5.0.1 updates and these two apps alone (plus BiteSMS, MYWI, 3GUnrestrictor, etc...) EASILY made me recognize what I was missing.

I WILL NOT own an iPhone without a Jailbreak any longer... PERIOD!!!

10. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi,

Im using the iPhone 4 jb , 5.0.1 and i will not be updating to 5.1.1 as spire is not updated o the newest firmware and find siri useful.

11. aleni macrumors 68020

I changed my mind after i put zephyr, sleipnir for safari, gridtab for safari, snes 9x ex, unfold and the last tweak is barrel. :D

12. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

Sleipnizer for Safari is a great app!!! Makes using mobile Safari less of a PITA. Highly recommended.

13. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

Wirelessly posted

After I put on FolderEnhancer, some of my icons vanished away, had to restore and rejailbreak. Happy now tho =)

14. Dkorda macrumors 6502

My jailbreak from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 didn't go super smoothly either.

Made sure I had some good backups in iTunes before i started.

Ended up upgrading to 5.1.1, then wiping the phone... JB, then restore. Took about an hour. Glad I did!!