Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
I have just Reinstalled Yosemite AGAIN
Yosemite 10.10.2/Late 2013 27" iMac/

Anytime I reboot, I have no sound. I must manually go to System Folder/Sound/Output/ and select Headphones because I have separate speakers.

Once I manually select the Headphones in Sound Pref, I can hear sound from my iMac.

How the hell has this changed in Yosemite?

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
Yes, I had Boom2 installed and tried to trash it, and wound up reinstalling OS X 10.10.2, thinking Boom2 was at fault. Since I don't use any external devices requiring changing speaker output, if I keep Boom2 out for now, I guess I'll be ok.

Looks like Yosemite and Boom2 are not compatible for the present. Hope Boom2 can refit the app to be compatible.

----------

Diane, a have a question about the FORUM.

If I visit the forum, where do I see my previous submissions or replies?

On Apple's Forums, one can sign-in and visit ACTIVITY. But I don't see anything like that on MacRumors.

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Yes, I had Boom2 installed and tried to trash it, and wound up reinstalling OS X 10.10.2, thinking Boom2 was at fault. Since I don't use any external devices requiring changing speaker output, if I keep Boom2 out for now, I guess I'll be ok.

Looks like Yosemite and Boom2 are not compatible for the present. Hope Boom2 can refit the app to be compatible.

----------

Diane, a have a question about the FORUM.

If I visit the forum, where do I see my previous submissions or replies?

On Apple's Forums, one can sign-in and visit ACTIVITY. But I don't see anything like that on MacRumors.

Click on your own user name>View public profile>Stitistics tab>Find all posts by (username) OR Find all threads started by (username)

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
crjackson, thanks very much for the forum hint. I knew there had to be some way. Thanks thanks thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.