anyone familiar with microcenter's christams sales (this year, or prior years??)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by shyam09, Dec 10, 2010.

1. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

planning to buy the MBP 13" at microcenter, but was wondering if they have any Christmas sales or post Christmas sales?

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

Based on their Black Friday sale, I doubt you'll see anything better than the fairly usual $999 base MBP13 price ($200 off).

If you're patient, best bet is watch the website of your local Microcenter for an openbox system to pop up -- they take another 10% off, making it $899. If it says "complete" then it is, and is typically a system someone bought and returned in the seven day return window. What I was told was their service dept wipes the system / reloads OSX and verifies everything's good.

This is what I did in November; had to wait a few days 'til an openbox popped up. I could tell someone had opened the box, but otherwise my MBP13 was pristine. Started with the Welcome/language selection intro of a fresh OSX install. The warranty started a week before I bought it, but that's worth saving $100. I had the opportunity to inspect the system (visually) and plug the serial # into Apple's warranty check website via my iPhone before committing to the purchase. Just about the best deal out there. BTW, mine included iLife11 as a pack-in disc in case you were wondering.

IMHO, if a base MBP13 fits your needs this is a fantastic way to pick one up for effectively 25% off list price ($900 vs $1200).

3. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

Go to their website and select a category of interest. On the left will be a bunch of sub-categroes and at the top is "Hot Ad Deals" and "Closeouts" those are the deals and they change.

Earlier this week I bought a 2TB WD Caviar Green for $99. But the next day Amazon dropped their price to $89 :eek: