Anyone familiar with student editions of Adobe products?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TheKnifeFight, Mar 1, 2009.

1. TheKnifeFight macrumors member

I'd like to pick up a copy (yes, actually pay for it) of Photoshop CS4 student edition. I'm a recent graduate so technically I'm not a student. I'm in limbo, somewhere between the real world and school.

Anyways, I was wondering how their purchase processing works. Apple doesn't really verify anything in regards to student purchases. Is Adobe much harder to get passed?

I'm willing to pay $200 for the software but close to $700 is a bit high for the amount of work i plan on to do on it. :eek:

2. peetah macrumors member

Go to the bookstore at school, show your student ID and pick it up. Some of the people behind the counter will let a recent alumni "slide". Failing that, a case of beer works wonders with a helpful but needy student.

3. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

If you buy online they make you send them identification before they ship. (They will charge you before that though.)

4. TheKnifeFight thread starter macrumors member

but what if I have a student id sans date? What's the probability they'll let me have it. I'm just wondering how throughout the process is.

Do they link the software license to the name at the time of purchase? My reasoning is that I can have my g/f buy it for me. :eek:

5. peetah macrumors member

They're not that picky. Have your girlfriend buy it for you.