Anyone find a long USB cord for iphone size of stock?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lemonademaker, Aug 3, 2009.

1. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    a couple of months a purchased a 6 Chinese USB cords ($3) that were about 5'-6' long for my 2nd Gen Touch which work fine with the 3gs; however, the plug end is to large (fat) to use with the iphone with the case on...

I see on the Apple site they have the stock USB cords (don't mind they are $19:mad:) but they are only 30":mad: long or so...

Has anyone found a good alternative USB cord that has a Stock size end but that is longer than 30"

thanks
    lm

2. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

I buy them from monoprice.com for about $1.50 each. They are longer, but not by much (3.5 ft total). The heads are not abnormally large on these and I can use them with my Otterbox case that has a very recessed opening, so can't imagine it being a problem with other cases. Otherwise, you can always add a USB extension cable (also cheap at monoprice).

3. lemonademaker thread starter macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

sweet!! that's the one i'm having a problem with (otterbox defender)..... thanks!! i'll see if they are on amazon...

4. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I bought this a couple weeks back and it's working great for me. The extra foot of length on the USB cable works great. Plus, you'll receive an extra wall charger and a car charger with it for $4 shipped. The only thing I'd say bad about it is that it seems to use the older style type of clamp where you have to push in the 2 side buttons to disconnect from the phone instead of just pulling it out. Besides that it works great. I use an incase slider and no problems with it fitting.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

personally

I like the older clamp style so good find thank you to bad I just ordered a set last night but only $3 more. I can live with that! I will check out some of the other sites.

6. lemonademaker thread starter macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

i bought 5 or of those also about 4 months ago (before my other 6 in my post) and my iPod touch was acting real funny when i plugged it in so i stopped using them..... didnt' want to risk it.. did you find when you plugged the USB cord in it was like your home button wasn't working correctly? like the cord was to "thick"?

7. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

hmm that is really strange and no, I've never experienced anything along those lines.