Anyone find a rMB Neoprene Sleeve or Super Slim Sleeve?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by shenan1982, Apr 16, 2015.

1. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I have a Crumpler Macbook Air 11" Fug Sleeve (it's basically a really overprices neoprene slide-in sleeve for the Macbook Air 11").

The new Air 12" fits in perfectly, but it slides about an inch past the case, which is funny because the 12" laptop is smaller than my 11" air was.... Most people would think it's no big deal, but to have that little bit of flappy extra neoprene at the end is annoying my OCD.

Has anyone found a super slim profile Neoprene sleeve, or something similar yet? I like the idea of the Radtech, but would be nice to have something slightly (read: VERY slightly) more padded than just a piece of cloth. Plus I've always hated that Radtech sleeves slide in horizontally, which is so ridiculously stupid as it leaves the entire spine of the laptop exposed. Horrid engineering. This Crumpler sleeve was so perfect for the Air, but they don't make the sleeves anymore.

Ideas?

2. lostboyz macrumors member

lostboyz

How about this?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/281624154412?_mwBanner=1

3. shenan1982 thread starter macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Given that it's an 11" Macbook Air sticking out, it'll have the same drawback as my sleeve I have already. LOL

Not sure why there aren't more designed already for the rMB given the specs were publicly released by Apple 6 weeks ago, and likely before that to case makers.

4. ZipZap macrumors 601

Sticking out? look again. Its specifically for the MB 12

5. newellj macrumors 601

SFBags makes a very nice, very thin ultrasuede sleeve that provides a little more protection than cloth. It comes with horizontal or vertical openings.

6. No-Me macrumors 6502a

The ones from Joli http://jolioriginals.com are very slim, used them for my old Pro and Air and ordered a new one for the 12" :)

7. TEBnewyork macrumors regular

inCase

I'm using the inCase neoprene sleeve that I had from 11" MBA. With the stretch in the material, the case is tight enough that the extra inch or so at the end is of no consequence. I really liked the sleeve because there is no hardware. Never was able to find the equivalent for my 13". Amazon has it in black for $19.

image.jpg

8. shenan1982 thread starter macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Do you have eyes? If so, you may want to LOOK at the pictures. They're all of a 11 inch macbook air ... notice the lightning cable? Usb ports? It's an AIR, what do you not understand? there's TONS of sellers selling 11" air cases as "12 inch macbook cases"

----------

For $98 plus shipping it better carry my macbook on its own feet! LOL, so not worth it for a sleeve.

----------

Yeah I have an air-size sleeve I just don't want the extra inch of flappy neoprene on it haha

9. tgwaste macrumors 6502a

tgwaste

10. maclook macrumors 65816

I've been happy with the 13" Incase sleeve that I've had for the past 4 years so I also bought the discounted 11" sleeve on Amazon. I'm surprised how little stores are carrying the sleeves right now and also that Incase has no mention of upcoming Macbook products.

Fits perfectly for me. It really seems to be only about 1/2" which is negligible.

11. shenan1982 thread starter macrumors 68040

shenan1982

12. shenan1982 thread starter macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I had the Radtech one and it was a bit too thin for me, and the other issue I had was it had horizontal slide-in setup, which left a big side of the macbook exposed, whereas the SFBags one looks like the vertical insert one will allow for better protection, and keep it minimal. I ordered it. Funny thing is I ordered it, and 27 mins later they emailed me saying it shipped. They're in San Francisco and so am I and it's coming USPS so it'll probably be to me tomorrow! Cool!
    A+ for service so far.

13. ZipZap macrumors 601

Did you bother to ask them or just assume?

14. newellj macrumors 601

Holy smoke. So, SOMETHING related to the rMB can be shipped quickly??? :eek: :p

15. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

16. shenan1982 thread starter macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Apparently. LOL

----------

No way! Incase is a bunch of has-beens. They used to make great stuff, not anymore. It's all bulky, cheaply thrown together without attention to detail, and not very custom. I always check their stuff out when I get a laptop, and their neoprene cases are among the bulkiest out there. Gross.

17. ZipZap macrumors 601

For those interested. I did speak with the company and they said all of the sleeves advertised for the Macbook 12" will fit it properly. Nothing sticking out.

18. gglockner macrumors 6502

gglockner

The Amazon Basics neoprene sleeves work very well, and the 11.6 model should be a close fit. Even if you want a model-specific sleeve, you could use an inexpensive Amazon Basics sleeve while you wait for model-specific sleeves to be available.

19. newellj macrumors 601

I have that one and just checked. It is a little loose sideways and close to an inch oversize in the front/back dimension, but it is inexpensive and very functional.

20. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

21. shenan1982 thread starter macrumors 68040

shenan1982

You must not have the rMB, or you work for the company you're trying to push. Did you not read a thing I said? The length (read: keyboard width direction) of a Macbook is almost an inch less than that of a Macbook Air 11". So of course the case fits, but it's far far from ideal, as being an inch shorter there's an inch of flap at the end. Stop trying to push off a product as being for the 12" MB. It's sickening that eBay allows people to list a product as being for the 12" Macbook, when clearly (even by the photos) it's for the Air 11", which has different specs.

I wear a size 12 shoe. I wouldn't sell a size 15 shoe and say "For size 12 feet" just because a size 12 foot will fit into it.

22. ZipZap macrumors 601

You really are being a PIA and so dramatic over NOTHING.

I guess I did not say it the way you want to hear it.

I contacted them and they indicated to me the pictures were wrong and the sleeve the buyer received would fit the rMB properly.

Got an issue with eBay…take it up with them.

23. shenan1982 thread starter macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Huh? If I advertise a photo of a Ferrari and you email asking if that's what you'll get and I say no, I'll send a Honda, how is that in any way eBay's issue?

eBay's not the issue here. I can almost guarantee you that if you order that product you'll get exactly what's pictured, a Macbook Air 11" Case... which don't get me wrong, the Macbook WILL fit into it, there will just be 1/2-1 inch of extra fabric beyond the edge of the case.

eBay sellers are notorious for pulling this stuff. They've done it for years and they get away with it because eBay is anti-seller and anti-buyer, they just facilitate the transaction, and if I complain it's not what what listed, they'll just say ship it back for a refund, and I don't get my return shipping, so the seller banks on people just saying screw it, close enough, and keeping it.

24. ZipZap macrumors 601

I really don't care about your thoughts on e-bay. They are irrelevant. I have bought a lot and sold a lot on eBay. 1 to 2 issues and never one about not getting what was expected. If I have doubts I ask the seller before purchase.

When I get the case, I will honestly post back here to let everyone know.

25. barefeats macrumors 65816

barefeats

I think the Decoded sleeve in black is stealthy. In fact, I am recycling the one designed for the 11" MacBook Air. It fits my 12" MacBook like a glove. And no chance of slipping out thanks to the zipper.