Anyone find the form factor of the 4-4S weird now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macdude2010, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Macdude2010 macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

So, I got my iPhone 5 on Friday, and I have to say, I like the reduced "empty bezel" and the larger screen, but today, I needed to make a call from an iPhone 4, I immediately looked at it and was stunned by the huge bezel and also the smaller screen. It looked weird to me, anyone else experience this?

2. eleite macrumors regular

eleite

Yes. I actually look at my 4S with utter disdain. It looks soo last year. I feel retarded for admitting this. Is that normal?

3. jkim3691 macrumors 6502a

4. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

After using the iPhone 5 for a couple days, I looked at my display on the 4. WOW I can't believe I've been using that screen size for 4 years....

5. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Hmm. I got used to an S3 for a while and I find the 5 weird. It looks small and too skinny. But it will take some adjusting for sure.

6. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I have my 4S here on my desk, waiting to get it carrier unlocked to sell.

It just looks so stubby now. I didn't think 1/2" would make a huge difference, but it really does.

7. rritterson macrumors 6502

I guess I am the contrarian. The 5 seems too light and hollow- I agree with Steve Jobs that the 4 feels like an old Leica. I also prefer the smooth stainless and glass to the matte (though all black is sexy).

The 4 is closer to a golden rectangle. Maybe that's why I like it.

Not returning my 5 though. The speed of the CPU and LTE are more than enough reason to upgrade.

8. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

This photo I took last night says it all. Especially the iPod Clickwheel on the left.

It's amazing how our minds adapt to new styles and how quickly something that was once sleek and modern can look so dated.

Attached Files: