Anyone get a new iPhone from Target?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cscottrun, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Cscottrun macrumors 6502

If so, can you post which model (ATT, Black, Capacity), and then post the DCPI #, which can be found on your reciept? I believe if we figure out the DCPI number, we should be able to check inventory online.

2. nephipower macrumors newbie

Yeah, has anyone purchased an iPhone 5 from Target.

If so, could you look at your receipt and report the exact model and the DPCI # for it?

3. Jay7872 macrumors newbie

You will not find the DPCI number on the receipt from an iPhone picked up at target. That is because the mobile kiosk units are run by RadioShack, not target. Target mobile has absolutely no access to inventory stock information on products sold by target from their computers (unless they check target.com) and vise versa. Heck if you even tried to ring up an item you picked up from any of the isles within the store, it will not register. Target items are all tied to a DPCI while target mobile items have their own process

- I use to work at a target store in the electronics department for 2+ years

4. chris03 macrumors member

Still waiting on my preorder to come in. They said it would be here on the 21st, but apple had trouble stocking 3rd party stores. Talked to the guy yesterday and he said they should be here today or tomorrow.

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

CORRECTION: He "guesstimated" that they would be there. :D

6. Jay7872, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012

Jay7872 macrumors newbie

That's another thing..from my experience, my target store use to receive a very limited amount of highly anticipated launch phones..during the launch of the 4s, my store only received about 4-6 units, and didn't see another shipment for another two + weeks...mind you the store I worked at was also a "high traffic location" which equates to being one of the locations the DC would allocate more units for items on sale and highly anticipated launches...then again target mobile runs on an entirely different process, although they also had this store as a high traffic location as well..

Point is one they call you, run down there and get it because I assure you if you pass on it, you will be waiting QUITE a while before they get another shipment..also ensure the phone is sealed as the target mobile sale associates in my store use to always unbox their phones and toy with them and sell them to customers when they requested one. If they tell you they are headed to the back to get the phone,make sure they come out with it sealed. Some associates use to say they took off the shrink wrap because it was already damaged or they were getting the SIM card out to activate the phone, when in reality that phone was unbowed and passed around from person to person just playing around with it before reassembling it in its packaging...

7. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

I just ordered a 64GB AT&T Black from Target. I'll get in hand on Tuesday.

8. willmtaylor, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I guess we'll see, huh? Be sure to report back and let us know.

9. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

I have the IMEI number from my order receipt. I checked an IMEI checker website this morning and it says my phone is unlocked.

10. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Ok? Why'd you tell me that?

11. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

Just saying. I don't know if those sites are correct. I'll check for the unlock message when I get my phone and I have a T-Mobile SIM I can cut down and test as well.

12. ITS ME DAVID macrumors 6502

Check your local radio shack you can see online from there site if they have any instock

13. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

I ordered my iPhone 5 in a Target store Saturday for in home deliver. It went out Monday overnight for delivery this afternoon. I'll let you know when it's delivered if I get the iTunes unlock message.

14. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

No one has ever asked you about the locked/unlocked status of your phone. Why do you insist on updating this thread every time you discover a new shred of evidence regarding this?

15. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

Just to annoy you of course. You know how the entire world revolves around you. :)

16. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Nah. It takes more than that to annoy me; I work in public education! :)

I just thought it was weird that you kept giving unsolicited information that one one cared about; that's all; it has nothing to do with me being/not being egocentric.

Best of luck getting the phone; hopefully Target/Radioshack comes through and you'll be enjoying that phone soon!

17. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

...so did you get your phones that were supposed to come in today?

18. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

My Target said that they were not going to be selling the 64GB this year so I ordered from Apple.
    :(

19. Coleman2010, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012

Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

I ordered the 64GB iPhone 5 AT&T on Saturday in store for home deliver and I got it Tuesday morning.

I called the Target Mobile the day before I purchased and asked the sales person if they could search their warehouse for stock of the 64GB iPhone 5. And if they see it, to call me and I'll come in and pay for them to do a direct to home order. That's how I got mine so quickly in 3 days.

I just did a restore in iTunes and I got the unlock message. I didn't get it the first time I setup/activated the iPhone.

20. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Im not suresh at all that direct order stuff was, but congrats on the new phone. Enjoy!

21. chris03 macrumors member

Sorry for the late update, but as he expected they came in last Friday the 28th. He called me in the morning and I came in asap and picked it up. Getting 20% off was worth the week wait!

22. doxielover macrumors 6502a

doxielover

How did you get 20% off?

23. chris03 macrumors member

Employee discount (10%) + Red Card (5%) + Rx Rewards (5%)