Anyone get rejected on the AT&T/FTC internet tax settlement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by slapple, Dec 18, 2016.

1. slapple macrumors 6502

The settlement web site is here:
    http://attmsettlement.com/

I just got a letter in the mail saying:

"Thank you for submitting a refund claim in the settlement between AT&T Mobility, LLC and the Federal Trade Commission, Federal Communications Commission, and multiple state attorneys general. Your claim has been denied because AT&T Mobility LLC's customer records did not show you were entitled to a refund. This decision is final."

This settlement is for the period from 2005 to 2010, and includes iPhone users with data plans. I was an iPhone user starting in 2008 with AT&T with a data plan. Shouldn't I get a refund?

Did any iPhone user with AT&T who submitted a claim get rejected too? I wonder how much of a refund we are missing out on.

2. Bocktagon macrumors member

Bocktagon

Where dud young fill out the form? I want to sign up. I had an iPhone with them too.

3. AppleB macrumors 6502

AppleB

I was with AT&T from 2000-2010 and got a refund. It just came didn't fill out anything. Hard to remember the amount maybe 30-40 bucks maybe a little less.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes I got the same letter a few days ago.
    I guess I never fell for those scam services that charge your cellphone bill for ringtones, horoscopes, daily jokes, weather etc...
    So I got nothing as far as refund :)

5. tomklyn macrumors newbie

tomklyn

Was this the unfair billing practices settlement I just got a check Thursday for $30

6. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

7. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Yep, I was rejected as well. Had Att from 2004-2008. Just can't remember if I got the iPhone 3G in 2008 before I left ATT.

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I got a letter saying I was rejected because my dollar amount was less than 5 dollars.

9. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

I got rejected too. However I never noticed funky charges on my old bills and never fell for any of those scam charges. Figured everyone was getting a piece of the action and we didn't need to qualify other than being a subscriber during that time frame. Oh well.

10. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

No refune here either but I do remember seeing these charges on my bill but called AT&T and had them remove them and credit my account. So I am not owed any money.

11. Jstuts5797 macrumors 6502a

Where on that site is there any place to fill out a request form? I do see where it says plainly in the FAQ that there is no form to fill out. If there is indeed a form on that site then it goes against what their own FAQ says. Can someone link me to where the form is at? I should for SURE be in this class yet I have received no letters or communications at all.

12. Charadis macrumors 6502a

Got my letter in the mail. I don't remember signing up for any class action suits, maybe I did or did not. It states I'm not eligible due to already having been refunded or compensated previously. I do remember being refunded in past for bogus charges at least :)

13. Newtons Apple, Dec 26, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2016

Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Likely you have no money coming back to you. I had caught ATT cramming extra charges on my bill long ago and called to have them removed, plus all the back charges credited. So I was due nothing now.

I got no letter and have been with ATT forever.

14. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

15. zea mays macrumors 6502

zea mays

Yep! Mine said that I had already been refunded. I was pretty sure that was the case, but signed up just in case I ever missed any.

16. Jstuts5797 macrumors 6502a

But where did you "sign up" at? Can't find a place to sign up anywhere.

17. zea mays macrumors 6502

zea mays

You can't sign up any longer. It was here: https://www.ftcsettlementatt.com/en