Anyone get the silver 2018 Air instead of space grey?

lambertjohn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Yeah, I know, the silver vs. space grey debate has been going on for years, so I'm not here to take a poll. What I am curious about is how the silver 2018 Air looks in person, and why you got it over the ever popular space grey. I went into the Apple store the other day here in Dallas, and they didn't have a single silver 2018 Air on display. Neither did Best Buy. Tons of space grey, no silver. Crazy fools. So you silver Air owners, how does it look in person? Clean, modern, still classy? Or is it the same old look in a slightly different body? Love to hear your thoughts on this topic.

snake4448

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2011
Yeah, I know, the silver vs. space grey debate has been going on for years, so I'm not here to take a poll. What I am curious about is how the silver 2018 Air looks in person, and why you got it over the ever popular space grey. I went into the Apple store the other day here in Dallas, and they didn't have a single silver 2018 Air on display. Neither did Best Buy. Tons of space grey, no silver. Crazy fools. So you silver Air owners, how does it look in person? Clean, modern, still classy? Or is it the same old look in a slightly different body? Love to hear your thoughts on this topic.
[doublepost=1549370843][/doublepost]I ordered the silver model 16 gb 256 although I like the space gray I decided to get silver I just like the traditional look.

Reactions: auduchinok

auxbuss

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2014
UK
I have the silver. Looks great. tbh, it's not something I think about much. I'm more into using the thing than looking at it :) Silver: Would buy again.

rpsmithii

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2010
Denver, CO
I have the silver. Looks great. tbh, it's not something I think about much. I'm more into using the thing than looking at it :) Silver: Would buy again.
Silver from now on -

I believe silver is just plain aluminum - space gray and other colors is anodizing. I have had all space grey notebooks and ipads (7) stain from some type of chemical reaction with the anodizing. Not a stain but a change at the molecular level.

There are a few threads around in this.